Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where are you heading?

View Poll Results: Where in OZ are you Heading?
Adelaide
12.50%
Brisbane
22.92%
Darwin
0%
Sydney
10.42%
Melbourne
14.58%
Perth
29.17%
Queensland
6.25%
Other
4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Where are you heading?

Old Jun 17th 2003, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where are you heading?

Hi,
It would be nice to see what part of Australia you are heading too and why?

Sue
Old Jun 17th 2003, 12:13 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Ticked other....oops did'nt see the queensland option..

We were going to Brisbane, but as the days go on we are beginning to err on the side of Townsville, which is where we have always wanted to settle anyway.

The original plan was to get settled in Brisbane first, then move on up in a few years time.....

Last edited by PeteY; Jun 17th 2003 at 12:34 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 12:52 pm
Geelong October!!!!

Codgob is an unknown quantity at this point

Well,not quite Melbourne,Geelong,been offered a job there in November
Old Jun 17th 2003, 3:15 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Where are you heading?

Originally posted by sue5665
Hi,
It would be nice to see what part of Australia you are heading too and why?

Sue
oops, ticked Qld, meant Brisbane.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 3:18 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth

Already lived there and loved it.
Also got UK friends who've emigrated, Aussie friends and boyfriend's cousin living there.

Last edited by Pookin; Jun 17th 2003 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 3:52 pm
earlswood

Default Brisbane

visited this year and loved it, hopefully around the Albany Creek area.

Earlswood

Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

I'm already living their but Brissy got my vote.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chippy
oops, ticked Qld, meant Brisbane.
Jeezus, how thick are you son? It is just a box to tick. It is not even putting a cube in box or making ABC in jigsaw pieces.

Is Momma taking you to the zoo tomorrow? You are going to stay all day?
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:42 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wilf
Jeezus, how thick are you son? It is just a box to tick. It is not even putting a cube in box or making ABC in jigsaw pieces.

Is Momma taking you to the zoo tomorrow? You are going to stay all day?
Is'nt it about time you went and watered your vegies you silly old sod. I suspect that laptops getting a bit heavy on your knees by now.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is'nt it about time you went and watered your vegies you silly old sod. I suspect that laptops getting a bit heavy on your knees by now.
If I do not water my veggies how will you eat when you get here? I do not believe that asylum seekers like you will earn a living and I think you will be calling at my food bank for a feed up. You should be more grateful that I have such green fingers. The only thing that weighs heavy on me and old poms like me is that our younger counterparts are so unable to cope.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 12:08 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by Wilf
If I do not water my veggies how will you eat when you get here? I do not believe that asylum seekers like you will earn a living and I think you will be calling at my food bank for a feed up. You should be more grateful that I have such green fingers. The only thing that weighs heavy on me and old poms like me is that our younger counterparts are so unable to cope.
And for that, oh wise one I shall be forever in your debt. At least you are planning on doing something useful, with the drivel you've come out with today you've wasted too much time already.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

And for that, oh wise one I shall be forever in your debt. At least you are planning on doing something useful, with the drivel you've come out with today you've wasted too much time already.
I am too kind for my own good. You had better get some sleep or you will be late in the morning. It is swimming tomorrow and you like that.