Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where are you all going too?

Wikiposts

Where are you all going too?

Old May 23rd 2004, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where are you all going too?

Originally posted by vandiemen
Hi all,
just curious to see where all of you are hoping to go and settle. For me personally it will be Perth, but im interested in seeing which parts of Australia expats are currently living in, or where prospective migrants are considering moving too!

Looking forward to the results!

Cheers

Hi

we are going to Perth, my dads there and we love the city!

We will initially be staying near Karrinyup with our local beach being Trigg / Scarborough.

Have tried to attach a pic, hope it works! The first one is on Christmas day so alot busier than normal!

Second picture is from a trip we took south of Perth, we just happened to take a wrong turn and came to a dead end with this beach at the bottom!! HOW LUCKY - We've never seen such a beautiful beach.

Good luck
Cheers
Shar
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry pictures didn't work!

What do I have to do other than click on Attach Picture at the bottom of the reply and choose my pic from file?

Cheers
Shar
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:45 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

We are hoping to go to Mandurah, WA.

Possibly sometime this year!!!!!! Ha! Ha!

nothing seems to be going right at the moment !!!

Pauline and JOhn
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:50 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

we are off to Abo country.........Clarkson, North Perth.
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:51 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

We are goin' to Melbourne, as soon as we sell the frickin house, mainly due to the industry there, not really bothered if it rains all the time, gotta be better than the U.K
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:01 am
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaykay
Hi David

There's nothing in Melbourne like Woking's concrete jungle!!

Regards
I live in a very rural area just south of Woking within a common and a nature reserve and my last two jobs were in Godalming and Surbiton so I don't know much about Wokings concrete jungle.
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:20 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pompeywill
we are off to Abo country.........Clarkson, North Perth.
You're joking about the Abo bit, right? You haven't even emigrated to Australia yet and you're already referring to them as Abo's.
Old May 23rd 2004, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ulujain
You're joking about the Abo bit, right? You haven't even emigrated to Australia yet and you're already referring to them as Abo's.

That is a term of endearment out here along with wog, bastard, Pom etc. Aussies love their labels and use them frequently!

Yesterday I was at a school fete quiz and the guy kept saying to women ' oh you wouldn't know the answer after all you are blond' and then to another woman 'Oh no not another blond one'

Get used to it is is far from politically correct out here!
Old May 23rd 2004, 2:53 pm
o_0

Originally posted by tinaj
That is a term of endearment out here along with wog, bastard, Pom etc. Aussies love their labels and use them frequently!

Yesterday I was at a school fete quiz and the guy kept saying to women ' oh you wouldn't know the answer after all you are blond' and then to another woman 'Oh no not another blond one'

Get used to it is is far from politically correct out here!
Get used to it you say. I'm an Australian by birth, not a foreign UK resident like yourself. I grew up among Aboriginals and not one of them would appreciate being called an Abo. More to the point, calling someone a wog won't win you many friends either.

I seriously don't suggest you go out to Wooribinda or somewhere and start calling them Abo's.
Old May 23rd 2004, 3:02 pm
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm off to work in the Sunshine coast in half an hour. I'm trying to wangle a wireless network connection and mobile phone so I can type on the beach.
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:24 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Ulujain
Abo is an abbreviation of Aboriginal.
Wog is a term for Italians, hence the film 'the wog boy'.
Brit is an abreviation of British.

Bastard is really an insult but hardly the same catergory as 'Abo'.

I think your'e just trying to start an arguement where there isn't one

Im not going there!!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by vandiemen
Hi all,
just curious to see where all of you are hoping to go and settle. For me personally it will be Perth, but im interested in seeing which parts of Australia expats are currently living in, or where prospective migrants are considering moving too!

Looking forward to the results!

Cheers
Hiya - We're heading for the Sunshine Coast, hopefully Buderim or thereabouts, probably end 2005/beg 2006!!

Sally
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:43 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

off to somewhere around brisbane tell ya exactly whereabouts
when we get there
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

cooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Melbourne in October. St Kilda area initially but then not too sure.
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:11 pm
o_0

Originally posted by pompeywill
Abo is an abbreviation of Aboriginal.
Wog is a term for Italians, hence the film 'the wog boy'.
Brit is an abreviation of British.

Bastard is really an insult but hardly the same catergory as 'Abo'.

I think your'e just trying to start an arguement where there isn't one

Im not going there!!!!!!
Call an Aboriginal an Abo and you'll get more than just arguments; that I can assure you. Call an Italian in Australia a wog and you'll get more than just arguments.

I'm an Australian of Hellenic ancestry. Gonna call me a wog as well?

I'm an Australian Pompeywill; I went to school with Aboriginals. To you, they're just people on TV that live in a country on the far side of the world..

I can't get over how racist and clueless some of you people can be. You seriously shouldn't be emigrating to Australia if you think calling an Aboriginal an Abo is a freakin' "term of endearment".

It's about as endearing as calling a black man in the US a nigger.

But, by all means, don't believe me. Emigrate to Australia, head to Redfern, call every Aboriginal you meet an Abo. I'll turn up to your funeral.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.