Wikiposts

Where would this Forum be without???

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rosy'ism

Originally posted by Vee
Gawd...where's my violin...?

Oh well guys, looks like all of us who are planning on going to Australia are going to end up back in the UK. Or we are going to end up bitter and twisted living in Australia. Why are we doing it? Maybe we should all just sit here on our butts for the rest of our lives and not try anything different or new.

Is there a link somewhere on t'internet that someone can find that shows how many Poms go to Oz and then return again to the UK? I'm sure somebody can find one.

Right that's it. I'm gonna stop the whole process right now of this immigration stuff. I'm obviously wasting my time and my money coz I'm just gonna end up back here anyways....

GIVE ME A BREAK!
The post began "Rosy,"
That was a clue who it was aimed at.
You will go to Australia because you are a wanderer. Then you will go somewhere else.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:44 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
The post began "Rosy,"
That was a clue who it was aimed at.
Oops sorry didn't realise I had stumbled into her Personal Message box by mistake. Sorry 'bout that. I thought this was a forum?
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Vee
Oops sorry didn't realise I had stumbled into her Personal Message box by mistake. Sorry 'bout that. I thought this was a forum?
It is. I am saying don't take offence at something addressed to someone else. If you do, that is your fault.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:58 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

It is. I am saying don't take offence at something addressed to someone else. If you do, that is your fault.
But if you are going to refer to people as "these idiots" on an open forum then you have to expect that it is going to get someone's back up. In this case it was mine! You make it sound like it's all doom and gloom in Australia and nobody is going to like it. Surely that isn't true.

Maybe you should have sent it as a PM - that's all I'm saying.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Vee
But if you are going to refer to people as "these idiots" on an open forum then you have to expect that it is going to get someone's back up. In this case it was mine! You make it sound like it's all doom and gloom in Australia and nobody is going to like it. Surely that isn't true.

Maybe you should have sent it as a PM - that's all I'm saying.
I have read a lot of posts attacking this woman Rosy and I get sick of the cowardice of all the idiots queuing up to attack her. She may not appreciate my support, I don't know, but she is nearly always attacked - even if the attacks are disguised as questions. I have not noticed you doing it, however. Perhaps you think for yourself?
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:23 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

I have read a lot of posts attacking this woman Rosy and I get sick of the cowardice of all the idiots queuing up to attack her. She may not appreciate my support, I don't know, but she is nearly always attacked - even if the attacks are disguised as questions. I have not noticed you doing it, however. Perhaps you think for yourself?
Well, to be fair, I did question her:

Rosy, you've only been there a few months? Gawd, by the way you were going on and on about how bad it was I'd have thought you had been living there for yonks. Give it a fair ol' go. Could it be that you are just homesick and missing friends/family?

This was before she explained that she had been there for longer than her original post stated. I realise now that it was a bit condensending.

But you are doing the same thing though. Attacking people by calling them idiots just because of their views.

Whatever. It just seemed harsh you saying that everyone who is going to migrate to Australia is an idiot and that sooner or later they would all realise that they had made a mistake and that only the people who admit it and end up going back to the UK is reasonable. Just didn't think that was fair.

V
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Vee
Well, to be fair, I did question her:

Rosy, you've only been there a few months? Gawd, by the way you were going on and on about how bad it was I'd have thought you had been living there for yonks. Give it a fair ol' go. Could it be that you are just homesick and missing friends/family?

This was before she explained that she had been there for longer than her original post stated. I realise now that it was a bit condensending.

But you are doing the same thing though. Attacking people by calling them idiots just because of their views.

Whatever. It just seemed harsh you saying that everyone who is going to migrate to Australia is an idiot and that sooner or later they would all realise that they had made a mistake and that only the people who admit it and end up going back to the UK is reasonable. Just didn't think that was fair.

V
I think the people attacking Rosy are idiots.

You have a 50/50 chance of staying. Emigrating is expensive, stressful, and hardly ever what is really needed.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:34 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

[ Emigrating is expensive, stressful, and hardly ever what is really needed. [/QUOTE]

So if you are so wise about these things why did you do it? Is that why you are now going to stay in Australia even though you don't like it?
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Vee
[ Emigrating is expensive, stressful, and hardly ever what is really needed.
So if you are so wise about these things why did you do it? Is that why you are now going to stay in Australia even though you don't like it? [/QUOTE]

I am a bloody fool, that is why I came here.
Now I am trapped here. I am standing up the road from a hole and am saying 'there's a hole down there'. It is a thankless task. Who likes bad news? Nevertheless, if I can put one person off, I will have done someone a favour.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Vee
[ So if you are so wise about these things why did you do it? Is that why you are now going to stay in Australia even though you don't like it?
Vee, ignore this Wilf character. The way they have suddenly appeared today viciously defending Rosy hints at either Rosy or her hubby making up a profile.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bryank
Vee, ignore this Wilf character. The way they have suddenly appeared today viciously defending Rosy hints at either Rosy or her hubby making up a profile.
A woman like Vee hardly needs an idiot like you to tell her what to do. Read her posts, read your hopeless efforts. See what I mean?
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

A woman like Vee hardly needs an idiot like you to tell her what to do. Read her posts, read your hopeless efforts. See what I mean?
Charming lad aren't you. How many posts have you made in one day? Get a life you bitter & twisted old man.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:48 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

I am a bloody fool, that is why I came here.
Now I am trapped here. I am standing up the road from a hole and am saying 'there's a hole down there'. It is a thankless task. Who likes bad news? Nevertheless, if I can put one person off, I will have done someone a favour.
Doesn't answer my question. Why don't you just give a straight answer?
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:50 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Nevertheless, if I can put one person off, I will have done someone a favour.
If you wanted to do some1 a favor you would quit posting pap like this on a forum for people who want to move to Oz......

Who do you think you are telling people what they would and would'nt succeed at.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bryank
Charming lad aren't you. How many posts have you made in one day? Get a life you bitter & twisted old man.
I have read some of your past rudenesses on the site so take some of your own medicine squirt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.