Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is the worst place to live in Ozz

Where is the worst place to live in Ozz

Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:56 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Where is the worst place to live in Ozz

Originally Posted by Neil S
Awww, please show some consideration for the people just about to reside permanently in Melbourne.
Neil, remember, we are all different There will always be someone who doesn't like something that someone else likes. eg: I don't like Sydney, but that's my personal preference, it doesn't mean that its a terrible place, and I understand that lots of people do like it

Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Andiii
PERTH IS THE WORST PLACE TO LIVE!!!

I was there just under a week, never been so BORED or SUICIDAL in my entire lifetime.

* awaits the angry mob's response *

yes in Perth there isnt much to do but its only a small place but around perth there is plenty to do

Swim with dolphins in Rockingham
Go to the petting zoo in Mandurah (pet kolas and kangaroos etc)
Go whale watching in Dunsborough
Go to Margaret river and do some surfing see the wineries climb the glouster tree, go to Walpole and do the tree top walk go to all the underground caves
Go on the steam train at pemberton
Go to Busselton and walk the pier see the underwater observatory at the end
Visit all of the lovely beaches
Go fishing on all the lovely beaches
Visit Kings Park relax in the gardens and have a barbie
Visit Hillarys do some shopping have a meal
Go horse riding in the hills
Go ballooning in Northam
Visit the wave rock
Visit Geraldton, Carnarvon,
See the dolphins at monkey mia
Go 4wheel driving on the sand dunes at coral bay
Go on a glass bottom boat see all the coral and do some snorkelling with all the colourful fish at coral bay
Visit shark bay
Visit freo's jail
Some good restaurants in freo as well
Go on the captain cooks cruses

I have done most of above and more and really enjoyed everything what an interesting place WA is
if I have miss spelt any thing that is cos im crap at spelling
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:21 am

tosh27 is on a distinguished road

What's York like?

Originally Posted by bussie
yes in Perth there isnt much to do but its only a small place but around perth there is plenty to do

Swim with dolphins in Rockingham
Go to the petting zoo in Mandurah (pet kolas and kangaroos etc)
Go whale watching in Dunsborough
Go to Margaret river and do some surfing see the wineries climb the glouster tree, go to Walpole and do the tree top walk go to all the underground caves
Go on the steam train at pemberton
Go to Busselton and walk the pier see the underwater observatory at the end
Visit all of the lovely beaches
Go fishing on all the lovely beaches
Visit Kings Park relax in the gardens and have a barbie
Visit Hillarys do some shopping have a meal
Go horse riding in the hills
Go ballooning in Northam
Visit the wave rock
Visit Geraldton, Carnarvon,
See the dolphins at monkey mia
Go 4wheel driving on the sand dunes at coral bay
Go on a glass bottom boat see all the coral and do some snorkelling with all the colourful fish at coral bay
Visit shark bay
Visit freo's jail
Some good restaurants in freo as well
Go on the captain cooks cruses

I have done most of above and more and really enjoyed everything what an interesting place WA is
if I have miss spelt any thing that is cos im crap at spelling
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

ssinnige is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that Bringamugalong or Whykickamoocow are pretty awful. Just look on the map and you'll see why
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:32 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RichS
In my experience these are the places I'd least like to live (in no particluar order)

1. Punchbowl + surrounds
2. Tennant Creek
3. Mount Isa
4. Surfers Paradise
5. That big horrible new estate just north of Melbourne
6. Anywhere in the Lancashire

Ther's also a sort of generic one horse/pub/post office town type of place here that would just be way too isloated for me...like say Birdsville.
Yes, I wouldn't want to bring up kids in say Balranald, Hay, Wilcannia, Wiluna or places like that either.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:44 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thrud
I am not sure where the best place to live in Australia is when I eventually get there, are there places to avoid assuming you have a choice.:scared:
Ones to avoid Thrud

Bald Hill (Road in melbourne) - not good if you're follically challenged
Reservoir (eugh)
Gruyere - nightmare if you hate cheese
Don Valley - hey Don, kept that one secret!!
Mt. Toolebewong - can't pronounce it so how can you live there
Wonga Park - only those selected few with wads of cash
Coolaroo - only if you like kangas
Indented Head - ouch!
Kangaroo Ground - ditto with the kangas
Caroline Springs - lucky Caroline
Big Pats Creek - take a shovel
Eumemmerring - forget it if you stutter

D D
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:01 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

What about moving to Burrumbuttock, NSW?
Attached Thumbnails Where is the worst place to live in Ozz-tempeutwwayib1a4j255xsf0efa35680.png  
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Fanny Bay, in Darwin, anyone?
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

How about York in western Australia, it looks nice but who can say, has any one been there??
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:49 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Andiii
PERTH IS THE WORST PLACE TO LIVE!!!

I was there just under a week, never been so BORED or SUICIDAL in my entire lifetime.

* awaits the angry mob's response *
Bill Bryson said Perth is one of his favourite cities in the world; and he's been around a bit.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 4:17 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thrud
How about York in western Australia, it looks nice but who can say, has any one been there??
I think you asked about York earlier, so I guess you're serious?

It's a nice little town. I wouldn't call it outback, but it is rural. And very small.
I wouldn't go there unless you have a job, or a lot of savings you are willing to spend...
Maybe if you're a tradesperson you get work, they seem to get work everywhere. Though, I think the main employment in the area would be farming stuff. And maybe a bit of tourism...
http://www.yorkwa.com.au/
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Where is the worst place to live in Ozz

Thanks for the info, Perth Looks nice, what are the insects like?
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Darwin

Originally Posted by bob and ginnie
Having been to Darwin . . . . unlike the majority who talk about the place . . . I found it one of the most dynamic places to live and work in Australia.
If I were young and had a young family, I'd probably think about the Northern Territory.
You cannot be serious. During summer,Darwin is like a sauna with the doors removed. Methinks it was twinned with the city 'Godforsaken'. If NT was so great, why are there so few people living there (apart from Darwin,Katherine and Alice Springs)? And some of the people there are seriously weird - probably the heat and humidity - not surprised it has a high murder rate. Crocs, box jellyfish, cyclones...if it doesn't eat you, it'll kill you. Lovely place; something for all the family...
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:28 pm
wombat42

Default Re: Darwin

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
You cannot be serious. During summer,Darwin is like a sauna with the doors removed. Methinks it was twinned with the city 'Godforsaken'. If NT was so great, why are there so few people living there (apart from Darwin,Katherine and Alice Springs)? And some of the people there are seriously weird - probably the heat and humidity - not surprised it has a high murder rate. Crocs, box jellyfish, cyclones...if it doesn't eat you, it'll kill you. Lovely place; something for all the family...
l agree, the NT is Full of alot of wanted criminals from the eastern states who
see it as the perfect place to dissapear, many people turn mad because of the heat or too much to drink and become killers, which is why it has the highest murder rate in OZ. It is full of the worlds most deadly snakes and man eating crocodiles. It has Cyclones, one of which destroyed the entire city of Darwin. It is a fantastic place for a holiday because of the outback scenery but l would'nt want to live there.

Last edited by wombat42; Aug 9th 2004 at 10:31 pm.

Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Bill Bryson said Perth is one of his favourite cities in the world; and he's been around a bit.
He chooses to live in Norfolk Uk though.

He used to live in Malham, Yorkshire.

Seems to prefer the UK to America where he was born (or Australia for that matter).

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.