Reload this Page >

Where From and Where to?

Where From and Where to?

Old May 29th 2006, 3:54 pm
stevenpoole9

Default Re: Where From and Where to?

136 class, skilled independent

From Wolverhampton, to The Bayside area Brisbane, Via Ormeau

I'm a cnc programmer/setter/operator, OH is into Childcare (under 8's)

Old May 29th 2006, 4:10 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Where From and Where to?

I am originally from a village called Marshfield, 1/2 way between Bath and Chippenham, then I lived in Trull, near Taunton in Somerset, then I came to London to go to uni, lived in Tottenham, Hampstead, Hendon, Willesden Green and Archway as a student, then lived in a houseboat on The Thames at Hammersmith, then bought a flat in Shepherds Bush, then met Mrs Buzzy and went to live with her family in Hokitika, New Zealand, then returned to Shepherds Bush, then bought a house in Ruislip, Middlesex, have now got said house under offer, moving into a rental 5 doors away until we head off to Oz almost definitely to the Mornington Peninsula near Melbourne unless fate gets in the way!!!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 29th 2006, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Yorkshire
Hiya All,

I am curious to see where people are from/are and where you have decided to settle in Australia.

Also, what type of visa and job you are going to do or doing.

We are from Beverley, East Yorkshire

We are starting in Adelaide to see family and then thinking of Brisbane area to settle. We are coming out on a 136 Visa as a hairdresser.

Yorkie
Hi we live in Stockport hopefully settling in Brisbane but having a look around other areas first, going on 136 visa, OH is Accountant I'm a Podiatrist.
Old May 29th 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkshire
Hiya All,

I am curious to see where people are from/are and where you have decided to settle in Australia.

Also, what type of visa and job you are going to do or doing.

We are from Beverley, East Yorkshire

We are starting in Adelaide to see family and then thinking of Brisbane area to settle. We are coming out on a 136 Visa as a hairdresser.

Yorkie
Originally from Bradford then moved to Tidworth,Berlin,Hohne.Fallingbostle,paderborn,Bord on,Dortmund,catterick,Celle,
Lulworth,Poole and hopefully this will be my final move on a parent contributory visa some where near Sydney
Old May 29th 2006, 7:17 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

My name is Margaret and i'm from Scotland and moving to Melbourne (around Mornington area maybe ), and oh yes I'm taking my family with me .

Why do I feel like this thread is a bit like a t.v show
Old May 29th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Hi guys

Feltham nr Heathrow heading for (hopefully) Brisbane
Old May 29th 2006, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

As my nick says - Leeds to Perth.

Getting married to an Australian Girl later this year.
Old May 29th 2006, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Where From and Where to?

Hi All
I started my life in Bucklebury, near Newbury Berks, parents broke up in 1979, Dad kicked me out in 1989, stayed with a mate for a year, moved to America for six months, back to Ball Hill in Hampshire, met an older women, Aly with two kids, big family probs (on my side)

Moved to Zimbabwe for six months, Aly & I built a seven bedroom safari lodge in the bush, Visa ran out I got thrown out by the government.

Back to Berkshire, married the older women Aly, started my own small business, bought a house struggled our arses off for thirteen years, decided to go to OZ.

My Wife did all the paperwork, got visas, sold the house, bought for 78,500 sold for 250,000

Still not talking to the Family (as they said it wouldn't last)

Moving to sunny Brisbane in July, with my lovely Wife Aly (The same older women and Tally our Boxer dog)

On 136 Ind hoping to start our own business-decided on Brisbane after a reccie last year. I am a plumber by trade.

Jem

Last edited by Jempower; May 29th 2006 at 10:24 pm.
Old May 29th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WendyC]If I can presuade my OH to come to Canberra then I will. He doesn't fancy it at the minute.

she only means for a cuppa

living in sheffield, moving to brisbane if we get a visa, all being well august. son will travel out in october to travel aus, lucky sod, wish i was 18 again!

have a job at roayal brisbane childrens hospital on the orthopadic and neuro ward.

house sold and all being well should be complete in about 5-6 weeks, if i dont get the visa, plan b, hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by debbiemc; May 29th 2006 at 10:56 pm.
Old May 29th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

fantastic thread - really interesting ..obviously loads of Yorkshire folk going - We are from Harrogate in North Yorkshire hoping to travel to either Cairns or Brisbane ....going out on a recce in 7 weeks time!! And travelling down the coast from Cairns to Brisbane! Im an Estate Agent and my partner is full time mum!
Old May 29th 2006, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Loz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud of

From Leeds moving to Melbourne (fingers crossed). Don't know whereabouts yet, depends on where wifey can secure a job, she's a nurse and is main applicant for 136 visa. She's just received her registration from NBV, modified skills assessment has just been sent off. Hopefully our house will be on the market in the next few weeks. :scared:
I'm in telecoms but not too fussy about what I'll do, work's work.

Loz
Old May 29th 2006, 11:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

From Harpenden in Herts now on Gold Coast. It's nice here
Old May 29th 2006, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Loz4Oz
From Leeds moving to Melbourne (fingers crossed). Don't know whereabouts yet, depends on where wifey can secure a job, she's a nurse and is main applicant for 136 visa. She's just received her registration from NBV, modified skills assessment has just been sent off. Hopefully our house will be on the market in the next few weeks. :scared:
I'm in telecoms but not too fussy about what I'll do, work's work.

Loz

Good luck Loz! Whereabouts in Leeds are you from?
Old May 29th 2006, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Speargun
fantastic thread - really interesting ..obviously loads of Yorkshire folk going - We are from Harrogate in North Yorkshire hoping to travel to either Cairns or Brisbane ....going out on a recce in 7 weeks time!! And travelling down the coast from Cairns to Brisbane! Im an Estate Agent and my partner is full time mum!
Which agent do you work for?
Old May 30th 2006, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bradford originally (Undercliffe) then Queensbury onto Bradshaw (Halifax) and now On the Mornington peninsular. Frankston South.
Loving every min of it and all the heart ache was worth it !!!!
Regards Chris and Andrea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.