Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where/when Xmas stuff in Perth?

Where/when Xmas stuff in Perth?

Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where/when Xmas stuff in Perth?

Hi guys
I really want to take the kids to the nativity thingy in Kings Park (?) and have lost the paper I had all the dates etc. on for Christmas stuff in Perth. Please could anyone let me know when it is, also when the Santa Train comes down from Clarkson & whether it is worthwhile!
Any other tips for surviving the holiday time would be much appreciated!
Larissa
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where/when Xmas stuff in Perth?

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys
I really want to take the kids to the nativity thingy in Kings Park (?) and have lost the paper I had all the dates etc. on for Christmas stuff in Perth. Please could anyone let me know when it is, also when the Santa Train comes down from Clarkson & whether it is worthwhile!
Any other tips for surviving the holiday time would be much appreciated!
Larissa
Hi Larissa

as my guests are arriving on Sat, have all the info to hand.....am having a break from cleaning the hotel up .......

Santa Train from Clarkson - Weds 22 Dec at 5.56pm stops all stations city at 6.28pm, then in time for Nativity at Forrest Place (by perth station) at 7.30pm

Dewsons Carols by Candlelight in city, Supreme Court Gardens, (gorgeous setting as visited there 6 yrs ago when backpacking) is this Sun at 7.30, gates open 5.30 and costs $8 for adults and $4 for children.

If you are up in Butler on Sat evening, they have Carols by Candlelight (we may miss it due to airport run!!) should be fab as has Greg Shultz Band plus lots of entertainment, that is from 5pm

loads more childrens stuff going on, will look up and post later as must crack on........wine and bbq is calling.....

Teresa
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Theresa, looks like we can do the Santa thing and nativity in one go!
See ya soon

BTW Has anyone been to the New Years Eve campout at Bullsbrook? Fancy doing something a bit different... but not sure whether to go!
Larissa
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:29 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa

BTW Has anyone been to the New Years Eve campout at Bullsbrook? Fancy doing something a bit different... but not sure whether to go!
Larissa
What is it?
Sounds interesting...
Driving down to Bunbury new years day though, for the start of our week down south.

Does anyone know if there's any Carols by Candlelight, anywhere in Perth, after next Tuesday(the 21st)???
My parents in law are coming, would be good if there's still one on somewhere...

Old Dec 14th 2004, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi Simone

seems like all carols by candlelight are at w/end before and none after that one, midnight mass xmas eve somewhere would be good if they like that. There is the Nativity on in city Tues 21 to Thurs 23rd, that has carols and live animals (!!)...you could take them to that one, we are going to attempt iot on santa train which could be pretty packed but what the hell

Larissa...don't know about Bullsbrook, haven't heard of it...we are prob going to do the 50's themed party in city at town hall..ummm now I need to shop for outfit...lol!!!

by way if you get parents paper has lots of ideas for children over school hols and YMCA run school hols activites, Jill has used them before so you could ask her about that

see you Friday.......

Teresa
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:28 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Swifts
Hi Larissa

as my guests are arriving on Sat, have all the info to hand.....am having a break from cleaning the hotel up .......

Santa Train from Clarkson - Weds 22 Dec at 5.56pm stops all stations city at 6.28pm, then in time for Nativity at Forrest Place (by perth station) at 7.30pm

Dewsons Carols by Candlelight in city, Supreme Court Gardens, (gorgeous setting as visited there 6 yrs ago when backpacking) is this Sun at 7.30, gates open 5.30 and costs $8 for adults and $4 for children.

If you are up in Butler on Sat evening, they have Carols by Candlelight (we may miss it due to airport run!!) should be fab as has Greg Shultz Band plus lots of entertainment, that is from 5pm

loads more childrens stuff going on, will look up and post later as must crack on........wine and bbq is calling.....

Teresa

The Dewsons one is the one our very own Mr Banana is manning a gate, as Apex help out, so we'll be there. It's supposed to be fantastic and then there is the biggest firework display this side of Christmas.

Deffo on the Santa train too.

Really do need to get my head around packing all this in as we hurtle towards Christmas at breakneck speed.

BTW- got a Christmas card from a UK friend quote:

"The shops are a nightmare all pushing and crushing, much rather be where you are"......................mmm missing the UK Christmas? am I b#####ks!

Jill

Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

oohh does that mean he's a bouncer
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:38 am
Go Banana's !!

oohh does that mean he's a bouncer

He's got the 'man boobs' for it

BTW It's the biggest gathering of carol singers and orchestra in Perth

Jill

Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:38 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simone

seems like all carols by candlelight are at w/end before and none after that one, midnight mass xmas eve somewhere would be good if they like that. There is the Nativity on in city Tues 21 to Thurs 23rd, that has carols and live animals (!!)...you could take them to that one, we are going to attempt iot on santa train which could be pretty packed but what the hell
Oh, sounds good. Thanks.
We went to a live nativity thing in Holland last year. I reckon this one will be a bit different
Except the bit about waiting in line for an hour, that'll probably be the same....
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
He's got the 'man boobs' for it

BTW It's the biggest gathering of carol singers and orchestra in Perth

Jill

we will be there to "support" him ...lol