Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Jolyn has suggested an excellent park for us all to meet up at.

It's called Westerfolds Park and it's in Templestowe. Directions are on the website below.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_...y.cfm?park=210

Suggest we all meet there about midday so we get a good spot not too far away from the BBQ's.

Dont' forget to bring along chairs and tables if you have them (although there are also picnic facilities available) and whatever food and drink you want. Fingers crossed that the weather improves dramatically over the next couple of weeks.

Plenty of things for kids to do. Bring their bikes if they have one, or roller blades. Plenty of walks too.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Regards
Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up

And of course we're all meeting there on the 2nd November
Old Oct 9th 2003, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Jeannie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good Jaykay. How many of you coming??
Jeannie and family.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jeannie1
Sounds good Jaykay. How many of you coming??
Jeannie and family.
Hi Jeannie

There'll be me and my daughter coming along. My other half, Nick, hasn't arrived yet (stayed in UK to sell the house).

Not sure of total numbers but I'm sure we can get some idea if everyone who's coming lets us know how many they're bringing along.

Regards
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:05 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Me, Emma and husband, Neil will be there. We will probably bring my brother, Andy and his girlfriend Abi if that's ok. Thay got to Mel last week.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:25 am
Fez
Just Joined

Fez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Hi,
Me, Emma and husband, Neil will be there. We will probably bring my brother, Andy and his girlfriend Abi if that's ok. Thay got to Mel last week.
Hi guys

I seem to have posted my message on the wrong thread (new to all this!) so here it goes again: My name is Fez and I moved to Melbourne with my man last October. We've had a great year here and would love to meet up with other Brits to swap stories and watch Aus get thrashed in the rugby! Please include us in the arrangements for your meet-up - we live fairly central (Nth Carlton) and have a car so can get almost anywhere. I think 2nd Nov is okay, just have to check with bloke.

I'd also like to direct you all to another site which is trying to arrange a Brit meet-up in Melbourne but is failing due to low numbers. It's a good site as you can suggest and vote for venues for the meetings. Please go along and vote! http://brit.meetup.com/members/861

Hope to meet you all soon,
Fez
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jaykay
Jolyn has suggested an excellent park for us all to meet up at.

It's called Westerfolds Park and it's in Templestowe. Directions are on the website below.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_...y.cfm?park=210

Suggest we all meet there about midday so we get a good spot not too far away from the BBQ's.

Dont' forget to bring along chairs and tables if you have them (although there are also picnic facilities available) and whatever food and drink you want. Fingers crossed that the weather improves dramatically over the next couple of weeks.

Plenty of things for kids to do. Bring their bikes if they have one, or roller blades. Plenty of walks too.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Regards
Hello,
JayKay- I enjoyed your description of Melbourne:-))
I will be arriving in Melbourne that morning for my 3 week recce...I'd love to meet up with you...quiz you all!!!!!!thats if I can find my way from Doncaster!!...doesn't look too far on the map.(4 kms?).just need to check the buses..Before I ask any questions please let me know if I can join you -
thx
Helen.....who soooo wants to live in Melb!!!!
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:25 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Ouch that is too soon we still haven't exchanged perhaps you can arrange asecond meet about 24th November????? PLEASE
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:55 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by yafm
Ouch that is too soon we still haven't exchanged perhaps you can arrange asecond meet about 24th November????? PLEASE
Yeh i,ll go for that too i get there on the 21st november so are you going to have another meet-up jaykay at a later date?
johanne
Old Oct 14th 2003, 5:58 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by helinuk
Hello,
I will be arriving in Melbourne that morning for my 3 week recce...I'd love to meet up with you...quiz you all!!!!!!thats if I can find my way from Doncaster!!...doesn't look too far on the map.(4 kms?).just need to check the buses..Before I ask any questions please let me know if I can join you -
thx
Hi...my husband works in Doncaster just over the road from the shopping center and we have rented a house in Boronia so its not too far from you ( im still in uk for now ) going over 21 st nov so may see you at another meet-up if not we will have a meet up when i arrive if you want !!!!!
johanne
Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JayKAy

Im gonna miss your meet up and what a shame that is, because I could have bought my roller blades along too. I plan on roller blading alot more in aus (much to my daughters horror):scared:

cheers
booboo
Old Oct 14th 2003, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by johanne
Hi...my husband works in Doncaster just over the road from the shopping center and we have rented a house in Boronia so its not too far from you ( im still in uk for now ) going over 21 st nov so may see you at another meet-up if not we will have a meet up when i arrive if you want !!!!!
johanne
hey its a small world Johanne!! - the friend I'll be staying with lives just opposite the shopping centre:-))
I return to uk on the 21/22 night so doesn't look as if I'll see you - hope all your plans work out and you settle quickly.
It will be awhile before I can go there to live / work permanantly because I want to wait until my 2 teenagers finish school and are off to uni- (1+ yrs time) but there's plenty of paperwork to wade through in the meantime!
best wishes Helen
Old Oct 14th 2003, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by helinuk
Hello,
thx
Hi Helen

You are more than welcome to come along. It's an open invitation to anyone living in Melbourne who wants to meet up with some other expats,

The more the merrier

And I think we should definitely organise another one as well, probably about 4 to 5 weeks later for everyone who is arriving in November.

Hope to see you there.

Regards
Old Oct 14th 2003, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaykay
Hi Helen

You are more than welcome to come along. It's an open invitation to anyone living in Melbourne who wants to meet up with some other expats,

The more the merrier

And I think we should definitely organise another one as well, probably about 4 to 5 weeks later for everyone who is arriving in November.

Hope to see you there.

Regards

Aye ...count us (4) in!!

We'll be there from the 17th Nov.

Regards

Ian
Old Oct 25th 2003, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay you lot, thought I'd better bring this back to the top of the pile as it's only a week away for the BBQ.

I'm going to go for a drive over to Templestowe tomorrow to check outhe the park and see if there are any good spots to meet up that everyone will be able to identify, otherwise we might all be wandering about trying to find each other for hours.

For anyone who has just joined the forum and are looking for a fun day out and a chance to meet some other expats who have either just returned to Oz or have just arrived, would love to have you come along and meet everyone.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather improves by next Sunday.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.