Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where in the West

Where in the West

Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:30 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where in the West

Western Sydney is a much maligned place but of course there are good places to live out there. Where would you recomend us Easties go to in the West? Where are the best places to live beyond Leichardt?
Old Jan 31st 2004, 4:29 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Where in the West

Originally posted by bondipom
Western Sydney is a much maligned place but of course there are good places to live out there. Where would you recomend us Easties go to in the West? Where are the best places to live beyond Leichardt?
Come on someone, the west isn't that bad.

Penrith is quite pleasant, not to far for a trip to the Blue Mountains. And still only 1 hour to Sydney CBD.

example properties are
3 bed for $310k

or
3 bed for $330k

and neither of these are mine (before anyone says anything)
I'm wanting $480k for mine. But it does come with an income aswell as somewhere to live

Old Jan 31st 2004, 5:05 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

No need to travel, the world comes to you:

Cabramatta: aaa

Old Jan 31st 2004, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where in the West

Originally posted by bondipom
Must agree the west gets bad press, and for some areas rightly so, but it seems to be mainly the south west and I have to admit I don't feel comfortable driving through those areas.

I think I mentioned to you before we're in the hills district in Kings Langley, and suburbia suits us fine. Its what we're used to and I'd hate to live closer to any city. Its a great place for kids and theres still lots of work out this way, even more so in future with Norwest expanding and the work on the new M7 bringing businesses out west.

It all depends on individual circumstances where's best to live, its mostly familys with kids round us, and I can see that it wouldn't suit everybody. Its probably best to jump in the car and drive around to get a feel for areas you like/don't like. Personally we though we'd avoid areas where they all had bars on the windows and security doors. Good luck house hunting
Sue