British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Where are we all? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/where-we-all-361608/)

Sunny_Glesga Mar 16th 2006 12:26 pm

Where are we all?

Just curious as to where all the BE are/Planning to start/started their new life down under and what area you plan/are staying in at the moment

Perth? Adelaide? Sydney? Melbourne?

Sorry not to mention the Brissie ppl, For some reason the Missus has no intention of looking moving there, she has some perseption that theres far too many things that dont like us 2 legged humans!

If only i wasnt P***** when i met her, what would my thoughts have been? :scared: .................................... no matter

Wendy Mar 16th 2006 12:28 pm

Re: Where are we all?

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Just curious as to where all the BE are/Planning to start/started their new life down under and what area you plan/are staying in at the moment

Sorry not to mention the Brissie ppl, For some reason the Missus has no intention of looking moving there, she has some perseption that theres far too many things that dont like us 2 legged humans!

If only i wasnt P***** when i met her, what would my thoughts have been? :scared: .................................... no matter

Adelaide for me. There was a poll going a while ago, why not add another to this post. :)

jlkk Mar 16th 2006 12:33 pm

From Belper, Derbyshire to ................Goldcoast in June :D

Sunny_Glesga Mar 16th 2006 12:40 pm

What was the reason that made you decide to go to Goldcoast?

Originally Posted by jlkk

angel17796 Mar 16th 2006 12:41 pm

Initially we wanted to go to Brisbane but we have now decided on Sydney. We have good friends over there and my OH has a few work contacts as well so hopefully we can get jobs sorted out easily enough.

CasG Mar 16th 2006 12:48 pm

In Melbourne for 14 months.

Got good jobs, made lots of friends and live it a great area.

Really couldn't be happier :)

djfbug Mar 16th 2006 12:58 pm

I voted twice cos we fly out for a recce in July to look at Melbourne and Adelaide

Sir Les Patterson Mar 16th 2006 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by jlkk

we will be leaving wakefield west yorkshire to the gold coast
for the simple reasons we have family there ...and with me being a head chef i have so many job opportunities there :D

weeman111 Mar 16th 2006 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga

Hi,we are moving from south west Scotland to Frankston area,Melbourne,my sis lives there also job contacts in that area,Cheers Dave&Claire

Margaret2 Mar 16th 2006 1:33 pm

Dunno :confused: I might just go walkabout now :(

cheri-pie Mar 16th 2006 1:37 pm

Brisbane for us - just loved it :)

Sunny_Glesga Mar 16th 2006 1:50 pm

I think i`ll follow behind and see where we end up :D

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Dunno :confused: I might just go walkabout now :(

possoms Mar 16th 2006 2:05 pm

cant vote cos we're not on your list but we are off to Tas :)

GinaUK Mar 16th 2006 3:07 pm

We're off to Perth next year. :)

Gina

Luma Mar 16th 2006 3:27 pm

We're going from Wokingham to Perth - hopefully around June this year.