Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where in the UK can you exchange small amounts of dollers with no charge?

Where in the UK can you exchange small amounts of dollers with no charge?

Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of
Default Where in the UK can you exchange small amounts of dollers with no charge?

Want to send some dollers over o UK inside a card, is there anywhere that will exchange for free or really cheaply, its only a minimal amount?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in the UK can you exchange small amounts of dollers with no charge?

Originally Posted by farrierswife
Want to send some dollers over o UK inside a card, is there anywhere that will exchange for free or really cheaply, its only a minimal amount?
I went back to Uk last month and changed a small amount in the post office with no charge
Janet
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where in the UK can you exchange small amounts of dollers with no charge?

Usually though, no charge = Crappy exchange rate = hidden charge !!!

Stu
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Nick Robinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by farrierswife
Marks and Spencer provide the most competitive rates that I know.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

FilSheff is an unknown quantity at this point

Thomas Cook can beat M & S nowadays.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Fabienne will become famous soon enoughFabienne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nick Robinson
Marks and Spencer provide the most competitive rates that I know.
Marks and Spencers changed my ozze dollars recently in Oxford Street=No charge at all and they were thrilled to get them as well, told me there was a gross shortage of ozzie dollars
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

M & S do not charge.....................but did you know its illegal to send money in the post?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
M & S do not charge.....................but did you know its illegal to send money in the post?
The OP said sending in a card, so obviously this is a birthday or easter gift, shouldnt think the OP is sending thousands of dollars in the post lol
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fabienne
The OP said sending in a card, so obviously this is a birthday or easter gift, shouldnt think the OP is sending thousands of dollars in the post lol
Yeah I know he meant only a small sum, but I was told that any money sent via the post was illegal
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I know he meant only a small sum, but I was told that any money sent via the post was illegal
I would imagine there are thousands of people practicing illegal activites then, its the easiest and cheapest way of getting a pressie to someone overseas. No one is going to open your mail at this end, we leave that to the uk posties to do
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:39 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out you're right: http://www.auspost.com.au/internatio...oods/index.asp

The OP shouldn't send an unregistered envelope that's obviously a birthday card through the post - too many sticky fingers that just snatch them on the offchance they have money or something in them. You can put the birthday card envelope in a larger boring brown envelope, for instance.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Turns out you're right: http://www.auspost.com.au/internatio...oods/index.asp

The OP shouldn't send an unregistered envelope that's obviously a birthday card through the post - too many sticky fingers that just snatch them on the offchance they have money or something in them. You can put the birthday card envelope in a larger boring brown envelope, for instance.
Anything for the UK I send by registered post, I find internal post trustworthy albeit a little slow, but too many things in the past get "lost" in the UK particularly at Christmas time:curse: