Where are they?

Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:19 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Someone asked about Don... well, he bogged off and left us.
Wonder how long he will be able to cope without an Expats fix
Yeah, he actually did it!!!

About old posters being gone:
I think two things: firstly, yes, same questions, same discussions over and over.
Second: vicious circle sort of thing: first, you're busy, don't have time to come on here, then, when you do, you see all new faces, less of the old, so only on here for a while, then disapear again.
And seeing everybody sort of has that, people are only popping in occasionally, and maybe not at the same times, so gets less and less.

And, I can imagine it's not easy to post on here with all the 'rose'tinted' brigade. Or at least, you think you shouldn't. I think you should.

But, through discovering all this, I've realised I probably won't be on here as much either. Not that anyone cares, I'm not even British
PETE, we need a forum for people here and living it
Oh, hevs, you're probably being sarcastic, but anyway: THis is that forum!!!!!!!!!!
An added feature is that 'we'(or the ones that don't know Oz/NZ), can ask questions, but it's supposed to be about Oz culture and lifestyle, and the only ones who can really discuss that are the ones who live there, or have lived there! :lecture:
Oh well, I'm one to talk about keeping on topic... Though, I do try.......... And usually succeed.....
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:38 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by hevs
PETE, we need a forum for people here and living it

**puts cloak on, and gets spy novel out**

Shh...

<whispers> What do you propose?

Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:20 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by PeteY

Shh...

You could try this chat

or something similar could be done on here ?

PS: It cost nothing to set up, gave me practice at setting it up, and was a worthwhile practical experience.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 4:41 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Shh...

I ment Pete as in PT LABS divvy

I propose an area on the forum for those of us who have been here longer than a few weeks (the "oh everythings fanbloodytastic" brigade) and those of us that still love it here and arn't bitter about the percieved loss of living in the uk (the " Aus is shit, Aussies are shit and oh did you know that they have bush fires and theiving" brigade)

Just somewhere that we can vent our frustrations over the little things that don't really matter but just piss you off if you dwell on them for to long, make sense??
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:04 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by hevs
I ment Pete as in PT LABS divvy

I propose an area on the forum for those of us who have been here longer than a few weeks (the "oh everythings fanbloodytastic" brigade) and those of us that still love it here and arn't bitter about the percieved loss of living in the uk (the " Aus is shit, Aussies are shit and oh did you know that they have bush fires and theiving" brigade)

Just somewhere that we can vent our frustrations over the little things that don't really matter but just piss you off if you dwell on them for to long, make sense??
Now im embarased....i hate it when that happens.

Might as well have pulled me daks down and sent me off down the main street.

Tis a good idea though... Leave the rose tints, and the st george at the door yes?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:42 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are they?

Originally posted by debsy
It seems that a lot of the oldies have dissapeared lately. I know that some of the crap on here can get a bit tedious sometimes but an update would be nice
Sindy
Earlswood
Whisky
Mika24me
Flowerofscotland
Steve Bannister (not on here much)
Jockney
Don
Hevs (not on here much now)
Gra B
Footie
Pollyana
Slater
Marlo
Dotty
Debs & Tim
Mashiraz
Houdini
And loads and loads of others that I cant remember
Been lurking around in the background mainly posting as Kulu which is our home username since I was made redundant. Will post more as Houdini if and when I have anything useful to add or feel like a bit of an argument with someone.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

the little things that don't really matter but just piss you off if you dwell on them for to long, make sense??
Thats well put Hevs, its not that we don't like it here, or aren't happy or whatever, its those silly little things. I'm sure we all have different niggles about stuff thats different here.
My current ones are - why is Aussie knicker elastic totally bleedin' useless (come on Mum, get me that parcel from M&S!), why are all the pills (like Evening Primrose and stuff) so big that you nearly choke when swallowing them, and why are the pork chops more fat than pork........ of course, then theres the price of lettuce and bread, I mean you have to be a millionaire to have a lettuce sandwich these days (tee hee!!!)
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
You could try this chat

or something similar could be done on here ?

PS: It cost nothing to set up, gave me practice at setting it up, and was a worthwhile practical experience.
Looks great ABCD, was it hard?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:08 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Larissa
Looks great ABCD, was it hard?
Thanks

The hard bit was understanding the setup, but then it just falls into place.

But then it helps that I have written the odd computer program in the past !!
MS-DOS days. When programs fitted on 1.44mb Floppies. (before Hard Drives were available !! )

Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Now im embarased....i hate it when that happens.
I thought she meant you too!
Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi debs,Have a look now and again but to busy renevating and building an extension in glenelg.Between work and reno and ella not much time left to go online.Miss some of the old posters good funnies like baldbutt ,wankers like pb and sourpusses like dotty.Dotty and pb served a purpose warning people that things can be different out here but they never swayed us and we are having a great time.roll on springtime jockney
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by jockney
Hi debs,Have a look now and again but to busy renevating and building an extension in glenelg.Between work and reno and ella not much time left to go online.Miss some of the old posters good funnies like baldbutt ,wankers like pb and sourpusses like dotty.Dotty and pb served a purpose warning people that things can be different out here but they never swayed us and we are having a great time.roll on springtime jockney
Yes where is Baldbutts

Nice to hear from you Jockney. Glad to hear that you are getting on well.

Love to the family
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I have been wondering the same.

Whisky