Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stop for Perth Rekkie

Where to stop for Perth Rekkie

Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Default Where to stop for Perth Rekkie

We are flying into perth on 25th March to do a Rekkie as i have been offered a Search Engine Optimisation job with a company based there.

Im looking for the best place to stay for 10 or so days as a base for finding areas to live, potential schools for my 12 year old daughter and finding out what perth is like.

Can anyone suggest an area as a base or some accommodation that may be suitable, the one thing i don't want is a hotel, this needs to be more like living there rather than a holiday and a hotel i think would give the wrong impression.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:51 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where to stop for Perth Rekkie

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
We are flying into perth on 25th March to do a Rekkie as i have been offered a Search Engine Optimisation job with a company based there.

Im looking for the best place to stay for 10 or so days as a base for finding areas to live, potential schools for my 12 year old daughter and finding out what perth is like.

Can anyone suggest an area as a base or some accommodation that may be suitable, the one thing i don't want is a hotel, this needs to be more like living there rather than a holiday and a hotel i think would give the wrong impression.

where in perth is the job based?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

West Perth, 6005

not bothered about travelling up to an hour each way myself, have done more than this in the past its more important for the school to be good than how long i need to travel.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

thats assuming i take this job or as long as it does not fall through
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:16 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

If you check out www.perth-rentals.com you will find a small selection of furnished rentals located in the northern suburbs. They are all generally fully equiped and a home from home.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

does anyone have a link to a site where i can see commute times from a map of the suburbs around perth, ive not found anywhere that tells this info?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

astonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant future

Try http://www.exapt.com.au/
Old Sep 30th 2006, 2:10 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dwaindibley

Hi we have short term holiday rentals in Rockingham, south of Perth, we have three award winning beaches within two minutes drive and is walkable. Have a look on our web page at www.cedarcottagewa.com .About the maps, there is RACQ trip planner on their web page (They are a roadside service mob around Aus.) Hope this helps. Suzette and Will at Cedar Cottage.