Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stay when we get there - hol let/hotel/rental

Where to stay when we get there - hol let/hotel/rental

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 5:12 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to stay when we get there - hol let/hotel/rental

Hi
Starting to think and panic about what we do when we get out to oz. We don't have jobs yet so don't know where we will be working so don't want to jump into a rental and then find we have to make a stupid commute. We wont be working in the CBD due to our jobs. Were thinking about staying in a hotel/apartment for the first week or two and during that time finding somewhere to rent but we are unsure about what the minimum term is, is 3 months likely or are they all 1 year rentals? Also furniture wont reach us so wondering whether to go furnished. Oh so many questions! What have you all done?
Cheers
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to stay when we get there - hol let/hotel/rental

when we go we are going to stay in a static park (like pippa`s on home and away) for the first few weeks anyway
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:04 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

That is a brilliant idea! Do you have any names or websites?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vernons
That is a brilliant idea! Do you have any names or websites?
No sorry no names or websites yet ,not got that deep yet we are awaiting tra result
regards Rod
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Starting to think and panic about what we do when we get out to oz. We don't have jobs yet so don't know where we will be working so don't want to jump into a rental and then find we have to make a stupid commute. We wont be working in the CBD due to our jobs. Were thinking about staying in a hotel/apartment for the first week or two and during that time finding somewhere to rent but we are unsure about what the minimum term is, is 3 months likely or are they all 1 year rentals? Also furniture wont reach us so wondering whether to go furnished. Oh so many questions! What have you all done?
Cheers
Hi

The minimum rental time is 6 months, I emailed the OZ estate agents in Melbourne and they told me this.

Where abouts are you heading for?

We are going to BIG 4 caravan park for 2 weeks, which we will book along with our flights, and look for a rental in that time. They are positioned in most states (I think), but you could have a look at their website.

I found them to be the cheapest as I have searched serviced apartments and found them to be quite expensive.

We will be shipping our furniture so will be looking at unfurnished rentals.
Hope this helps

Good luck
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by conat
Hi

The minimum rental time is 6 months, I emailed the OZ estate agents in Melbourne and they told me this.

Where abouts are you heading for?

We are going to BIG 4 caravan park for 2 weeks, which we will book along with our flights, and look for a rental in that time. They are positioned in most states (I think), but you could have a look at their website.

I found them to be the cheapest as I have searched serviced apartments and found them to be quite expensive.

We will be shipping our furniture so will be looking at unfurnished rentals.
Hope this helps

Good luck

Here is their website: http://www.big4.com.au
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:20 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Hi
Thanks for that. We are heading to Brisbane but hoping to live on the sunshine coast. The cheapest apartment we have found is £35 per night which is quite good but the cheaper the better to be honest so a caravan park would be great.
Good luck with your move, when are you heading out to oz? We are hoping end of august if our house sale completes without any problems.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

Hi
Thanks for that. We are heading to Brisbane but hoping to live on the sunshine coast. The cheapest apartment we have found is £35 per night which is quite good but the cheaper the better to be honest so a caravan park would be great.
Good luck with your move, when are you heading out to oz? We are hoping end of august if our house sale completes without any problems.
Your welcome

Hopefully November if all goes well, house going on the market in a couple of weeks.

Good luck with your house completion and let me know how you did with your accommodation although £35 does sound good.

We thought the caravan park would be a good idea for the kids, be like a holiday for them as their parks are very family friendly.

Best wishes to you

Mrs Conat
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:03 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by conat
Your welcome

Hopefully November if all goes well, house going on the market in a couple of weeks.

Good luck with your house completion and let me know how you did with your accommodation although £35 does sound good.

We thought the caravan park would be a good idea for the kids, be like a holiday for them as their parks are very family friendly.

Best wishes to you

Mrs Conat
Just curious, are the prices quoted for the big 4 per day?????
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:12 am

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi
Cheers
Hi, dont know where you are heading to, but have looked at caravan parks and I think short term fully furnished appears cheaper,,,( at least we do ) compared to the prices quoted on the web page posted previously..If it is per day, we are $33.00 cheaper and 4 people can stay and the cottage has 2 spa's and pizza oven and all private facilities. For three bedroom it is still $20.00 cheaper if booked for a week and divide the tariff by 7...Dont know but I think I would rather stay in a house rather than a caravan...Have a look at our site anyway, www.cedarcottagewa.com Hope this gives you some more information. Suzette.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Just curious, are the prices quoted for the big 4 per day?????
usually the rate is quoted per day-depending on the season you can sometimes negotiate a better deal for extended stays.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
usually the rate is quoted per day-depending on the season you can sometimes negotiate a better deal for extended stays.
Thanks for that,,,so it is 840 per week in a caravan park...We negotiate over 4 weeks, but even at our $599 and $699 per week we are $140.00 and 240.00 per week cheaper. and that is without adding more people over two...This is not a cheap way to go I think...Suzette. Are there private spa's in a caravan park???? I am starting to think we are undervalued...all that and we are minutes from three beaches....Suzette
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 6:07 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Look fantastic but we are going to Brisbane. Thanks for your help
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:40 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Look fantastic but we are going to Brisbane. Thanks for your help
try - http://www.seqrents.com.au/

click view rental properties
select short term/holiday
choose your area - and bobs your uncle, you then need to email the relevent landlord(s) telling them your situation and they'll let you know availablity etc..

ps -manhattan on newstead comes recommended by a couple of people on here too.

I should be checking it out next week, if i remember i'll post some piccies/descriptions!
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:53 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Thanks for that,,,so it is 840 per week in a caravan park...We negotiate over 4 weeks, but even at our $599 and $699 per week we are $140.00 and 240.00 per week cheaper. and that is without adding more people over two...This is not a cheap way to go I think...Suzette. Are there private spa's in a caravan park???? I am starting to think we are undervalued...all that and we are minutes from three beaches....Suzette
Hi Suzette

You are dead right, we did a comparison between all the different types of accom and put a page on the website about it, i was amazed how expensive some things are. I think i'll have to add in motorhomes now too as many people seem to be considering that, but i recon that would be pricey too when you consider it cost me $35 per night just to pitch my tent when we took the kids away :scared: :scared:

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.