British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Where to stay when we first arrive in Perth?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/where-stay-when-we-first-arrive-perth-544556/)

Sonn Jun 22nd 2008 7:33 pm

Where to stay when we first arrive in Perth??

Where do people stay when they first arrive? We iwll probably have no job to go to but will have savings until we find jobs!
We are hopefully moving to Perth, possibly Mandurah, Tapping, Secret Harbour. Where would we stay upon arrival until we found a rental?? Any ideas???:confused:
We have two small children aged 7 & 3 so it needs to be child friendly :thumbsup:

GinaUK Jun 23rd 2008 12:38 am

Re: Where to stay when we first arrive in Perth??

Originally Posted by Sonn (Post 6492695)
Where do people stay when they first arrive? We iwll probably have no job to go to but will have savings until we find jobs!
We are hopefully moving to Perth, possibly Mandurah, Tapping, Secret Harbour. Where would we stay upon arrival until we found a rental?? Any ideas???:confused:
We have two small children aged 7 & 3 so it needs to be child friendly :thumbsup:

You have a number of options: hotel, caravan park, holiday rentals.

Have a look at www.big4.com.au (several options for Perth). And if you google "holiday rentals"+perth you'll get quite a few hits as well.

Be aware that Secret Harbour and Mandurah are quite a way south of Perth. In other words, make sure there are actualy jobs there for your profession/trade before deciding to move there.

Gina

tawkins1 Jun 23rd 2008 11:25 am

We have just booked a house for 3 weeks in Kinross for £1300 4x2 with pool. Not sure if 3 weeks would give you enough time to find a permanent rental but its an option. Look on holidaylettings.com there is cheaper accommodation too. :)

hoofie2002 Jun 23rd 2008 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by tawkins1 (Post 6494707)
We have just booked a house for 3 weeks in Kinross for £1300 4x2 with pool. Not sure if 3 weeks would give you enough time to find a permanent rental but its an option. Look on holidaylettings.com there is cheaper accommodation too. :)

That's a bit steep - $2,690 for 3 weeks in Kinross ?? In Winter ??
Whoever owns that house it taking the michael, short-term or not. You won't be able to use the pool until Nov at the earliest anyway.

[Please don't think I'm not having a go at you, I'm just bemused at that price].

Jamiem Jun 23rd 2008 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by hoofie2002 (Post 6495076)
Whoever owns that house it taking the michael, short-term or not. You won't be able to use the pool until Nov at the earliest anyway.

[Please don't think I'm not having a go at you, I'm just bemused at that price].

Coming from Lancashire they won't be out of the pool all year round! It'll be like a hot spa!!!

J :D

lele.juggins Jun 23rd 2008 2:14 pm

We stayed at Armadale Cottage B&B - www.armadalecottage.com.au - when we first arrived, stayed a month -very nice lady - Ruth - runs it and it was quite reasonable cost wise. It is suprisingly in Armadale, which is SE of Perth but you can get to most places in 30 mins.

Perthine Jun 23rd 2008 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sonn (Post 6492695)

We stayed in this apartment which is in a very nice suburb, Ardross, South of the River http://www.lifestyle-objects.com/html/apartments.html :thumbsup:

corgi Jun 23rd 2008 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by tawkins1 (Post 6494707)

I also have just booked and payed for my place 2 weeks in Rockingham $1,400.
I know its winter and I don't have a pool. But its so close to the beach.

So Id say you got a better deal than me.

And I am just about to pay $710 for 7 nights at Qinns Rock.

It looks like I have over payed but it did look nice. They were some a little cheaper but not much.

If I have over payed so be it can't cry over spilt milk they say.

Julie

tawkins1 Jun 23rd 2008 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by hoofie2002 (Post 6495076)

We arrive the end of Nov for 3 weeks. $2850 is the going rate for that time of year & the house is out of this world. It is booked solid from now till the end of Jan so i'm presuming its ok :thumbsup:

tawkins1 Jun 23rd 2008 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by corgi (Post 6495381)
I also have just booked and payed for my place 2 weeks in Rockingham $1,400.
I know its winter and I don't have a pool. But its so close to the beach.

So Id say you got a better deal than me.

And I am just about to pay $710 for 7 nights at Qinns Rock.

It looks like I have over payed but it did look nice. They were some a little cheaper but not much.

If I have over payed so be it can't cry over spilt milk they say.

Julie

I'm sure you'll have a fab time. Prices are pretty much to same where ever you go. Enjoy yourself, thats the main thing :thumbsup:

tawkins1 Jun 23rd 2008 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jamiem (Post 6495131)
Coming from Lancashire they won't be out of the pool all year round! It'll be like a hot spa!!!

J :D

:lol::lol::lol: