Reload this Page >

where to stay in sydney

where to stay in sydney

Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

canary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to stay in sydney

Hi,
Its been a few years since I was in Sydney so I am out of touvh with hotels..We are planning a trip to activate our visa in April and I wondered if any one has any ideas of any affordable family hotels in Sydney where we will be staying for a few days (we will be taking our 2 year old and 10 month old) .
Any tips most welcome!
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default Re: where to stay in sydney

Originally posted by canary
Hi,
Its been a few years since I was in Sydney so I am out of touvh with hotels..We are planning a trip to activate our visa in April and I wondered if any one has any ideas of any affordable family hotels in Sydney where we will be staying for a few days (we will be taking our 2 year old and 10 month old) .
Any tips most welcome!
wotif.com is good but that would be last minute deals.
arriving in september we just had one night in the southern cross suites on goulburn st (not the one "on harbour") was only about £55 for the night and had a kitchen, seperate lounge and bedroom and bathroom. they did two bed suites too.
this is behind darling harbour / paddys market area and by the monorail.
karen
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Canary,

we stayed at the Southern Cross Quality Hotel, this summer, on the corner of Goulburn and Elizabeth street's.

We had a family room - 2 kids aged 2 and 5 ( at the time ) and it was good.

Location is good 'cos you're close to chinatown and Darling harbour & Circular Quay are only a ten minute walk away in each direction.

Reasonable rates too - can't remember exactly how much, about £65 a night , I think.

Buffet breakfast in the morning was fab - all you could eat for $10/$5 for the kids. YUM!!!

Good luck!
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karenvirginia
wotif.com is good but that would be last minute deals.
arriving in september we just had one night in the southern cross suites on goulburn st (not the one "on harbour") was only about £55 for the night and had a kitchen, seperate lounge and bedroom and bathroom. they did two bed suites too.
this is behind darling harbour / paddys market area and by the monorail.
karen

HAHA!!! Thats spooky - just posted mine and see exactly the same hotel!!!
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

Originally posted by steandleigh
HAHA!!! Thats spooky - just posted mine and see exactly the same hotel!!!
very wierd!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:44 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want some seaside action the Swiss Grand at Bondi beach did a last minute room for $165 last december on www.standbyrates.com.au .
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

where are you leigh? uk or oz?
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by karenvirginia
where are you leigh? uk or oz?

hi karenvirginia,

we are in the uk at the moment, hoping to be in Oz sometime next year.

Went to Oz for 3 week trip this summer, as I'd never been before ( hub spent a year in Oz on WHV, a good few years back ). We went to Sydney, Cairns and Melbourne with two nippers and the mother-in-law in tow!!!

Had a great time - loved every minute of it nd we managed to cram heaps into the 3 weeks - only wish it had been for longer - I didn't want to go back to the uk!!!
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:55 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by canary
Hi,
Any tips most welcome!
I had looked at the Southern Cross Hotel myself once, but the pricing quoted on this website is higher than the info posted, so make sure you negotiate.

Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I had looked at the Southern Cross Hotel myself once, but the pricing quoted on this website is higher than the info posted, so make sure you negotiate.

We went through a uk travel agent ( gold medal holidays ), so don't know if that makes a difference to the price or not.

good luck.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 9:19 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by steandleigh
We went through a uk travel agent ( gold medal holidays ), so don't know if that makes a difference to the price or not.

good luck.
Thats a good point, it is almost always cheaper to book from another country. I had forgotten that.

Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

try this fella here

http://www.sydneyrentals.com.au/1613.htm

we booked a 2 week holiday here through him before we moved here. Got an excellent appartment in Coogee. If all his places are full up he'll recommend alternates (think he's an expat pom himself from memory).

IMHO it was easier for us to have an appartment with the kids than a hotel room.