Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Perth?

Where to stay in Perth?

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice
Default Where to stay in Perth?

We are in the process of applying for our VISA, all being well we will be validating our VISA next spring. We intend to go on a 6 week trip, taking my father. We will be flying from Heathrow and arriving in Perth for two weeks and then go on to Melbourne and then to Brisbane.

Where is the best place to stay in Perth, central (ish) location, however we will hire a car whilst there.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:25 pm
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice
Default Re: Where to stay in Perth?

Originally Posted by newlife_downunder
We are in the process of applying for our VISA, all being well we will be validating our VISA next spring. We intend to go on a 6 week trip, taking my father. We will be flying from Heathrow and arriving in Perth for two weeks and then go on to Melbourne and then to Brisbane.

Where is the best place to stay in Perth, central (ish) location, however we will hire a car whilst there.
I'd go for Freo, Sorrento or Hillarys. Or Subiaco, Scarborough or Cottesloe (a younger crowd)

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:42 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me to bugger off if I am being nosey, but why are you taking your father? It is just that we get a range of reactions up to refusing to acknowledgement our existence on here and it would be cool to hear a story of supportive parents for once.

BTW, like Pookster says, the better areas are out of the city (except on Friday night!) The city centre is relatively un-touristy and if you have a car there is no need to be central.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel
Tell me to bugger off if I am being nosey, but why are you taking your father? It is just that we get a range of reactions up to refusing to acknowledgement our existence on here and it would be cool to hear a story of supportive parents for once.

BTW, like Pookster says, the better areas are out of the city (except on Friday night!) The city centre is relatively un-touristy and if you have a car there is no need to be central.
My dad is on his own as my mum passed away. So thought it would be nice for him to have a holiday, he would never travel on his own, well, at least if he did come to visit us in years to come he would know what the score was with travelling such a distance!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:21 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

My dad is on his own as my mum passed away. So thought it would be nice for him to have a holiday, he would never travel on his own, well, at least if he did come to visit us in years to come he would know what the score was with travelling such a distance!
Fair play. My dad thought we would end up in a detention centre for 3 months so anything you can do to avoid that sort of thing is bound to help
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:47 pm
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel
Fair play. My dad thought we would end up in a detention centre for 3 months so anything you can do to avoid that sort of thing is bound to help
end up in a detention centre for 3 months

bizarre.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:19 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Pookster
end up in a detention centre for 3 months

bizarre.
There is more! He thought Perth was a small town with one main street (dirt not tarmac) and a few shops either side. He was flabbergasted when he got off the plane and Sam drove them onto a 4 lane freeway!