Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stay on the gold coast

Wikiposts

Where to stay on the gold coast

Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:16 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Where to stay on the gold coast

Hi hubby has agreed to take us on holiday now we have been here 16mths and we want to go to the gold coast so i am looking for somewhere reasonably priced for 7 days accommodation 6th sept- 13th sept we want to take ds to Wiggles world.
Any suggestions!!

poshrice
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to stay on the gold coast

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hi hubby has agreed to take us on holiday now we have been here 16mths and we want to go to the gold coast so i am looking for somewhere reasonably priced for 7 days accommodation 6th sept- 13th sept we want to take ds to Wiggles world.
Any suggestions!!

poshrice
awe shit, i better book a holiday for that time

theres a few places coomera that do good deal, but i cant remember them right now.
its the best place to stay for theme parks. are you driving up?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Any suggestions!!

poshrice
Same here, but we want to go at Xmas, so if anyone knows of a good place to stay around that time, let me know. Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:55 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soapy
awe shit, i better book a holiday for that time

theres a few places coomera that do good deal, but i cant remember them right now.
its the best place to stay for theme parks. are you driving up?
Cheeky lol
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:55 pm
Tired but Happy

Cheeky lol
We are flying if hubby is going to treat me i want to make the most of it plus it is easier with a 3 yr old
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

We are flying if hubby is going to treat me i want to make the most of it plus it is easier with a 3 yr old
well, hire a car while you are here. or you will miss the best of the coast
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:25 pm
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by soapy
well, hire a car while you are here. or you will miss the best of the coast
we will definitely be hiring a car hubby gets corporate rates with europcar. He loves to drive we once went to Scotland on a Sun Holiday and did a 1000miles in 5 days.

Cheers
poshrice
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd look around Broadbeach for somewhere to stay. You would only be about 15-20 mins from the parks whilst being more central for the rest of the coast. Tiredwithtwins has just left the GC, I'll find out where they stayed. They had a good time.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:40 pm
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'd look around Broadbeach for somewhere to stay. You would only be about 15-20 mins from the parks whilst being more central for the rest of the coast. Tiredwithtwins has just left the GC, I'll find out where they stayed. They had a good time.
Thanks have been looking a the Watermark Gold Coast does anyone know what this is like. It has 4 stars but this means nothing to me

cheers
Poshrice
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks have been looking a the Watermark Gold Coast does anyone know what this is like. It has 4 stars but this means nothing to me

cheers
Poshrice
Have you got the link. The name doesn't ring any bells but I've probably gone past it at some point.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:53 pm
Tired but Happy

Have you got the link. The name doesn't ring any bells but I've probably gone past it at some point.
http://www.ozhorizons.com.au/qld/gc/watermark/wm.htm I have looked at a package with Virgin Blue and flights hotel and a day pass each for sea worl warner bros movie world and dream world was going to cost a bit less than $1500 for the 3 of us.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:56 pm
Tired but Happy

http://www.ozhorizons.com.au/qld/gc/watermark/wm.htm I have looked at a package with Virgin Blue and flights hotel and a day pass each for sea worl warner bros movie world and dream world was going to cost a bit less than $1500 for the 3 of us.
Also includes breakfast and would be stopping in a deluxe room with 2 double beds not that thomas needs a double bed lol. would one day each be enought o see sea world and warner brothers movie world we only need one day for dream world as we are going to book tickets for dorothys dance party which includes entrance to dream world.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Also includes breakfast and would be stopping in a deluxe room with 2 double beds not that thomas needs a double bed lol. would one day each be enought o see sea world and warner brothers movie world we only need one day for dream world as we are going to book tickets for dorothys dance party which includes entrance to dream world.
Should be fine. The only thing suitable for a three year old is the Wiggles World bit oh and possibly the farm area. The rest you can miss out. Even the train around the site is fairly forgettable. SeaWorld needs no more than a day, you should get all the shows in easily. Movie World again, there is only so much a three year old can go on so the kiddie section, Shrek 4D and the general stuff will do. He will be too little for most of the rides.

Just asked TWT where they stayed and apparently it was http://www.turtlebeachresort.com.au/
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:14 am
Tired but Happy

Should be fine. The only thing suitable for a three year old is the Wiggles World bit oh and possibly the farm area. The rest you can miss out. Even the train around the site is fairly forgettable. SeaWorld needs no more than a day, you should get all the shows in easily. Movie World again, there is only so much a three year old can go on so the kiddie section, Shrek 4D and the general stuff will do. He will be too little for most of the rides.

Just asked TWT where they stayed and apparently it was http://www.turtlebeachresort.com.au/
Cheers for that will just have the one day at dreamworld then and use the extra day for some other sight seeing
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Cheers for that will just have the one day at dreamworld then and use the extra day for some other sight seeing
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is worth a visit. Your lad will love it. http://www.currumbin-sanctuary.org.au/content/home.asp?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.