Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where to stay at first?

where to stay at first?

Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:43 pm
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all
Default where to stay at first?

we are arriving in adelaide on sept 27th where do you think would be the best place to stay for the first few weeks? or until we can find a long term rental in an area we like

1 furnished holiday rental

2 caravan park

3 hotel

4 any where else?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:55 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to stay at first?

Originally Posted by sunseekers
we are arriving in adelaide on sept 27th where do you think would be the best place to stay for the first few weeks? or until we can find a long term rental in an area we like

2 caravan park

3 hotel

4 any where else?
You might find my thread useful, as we are in the same boat, and I aksed a similar question:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391539
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

2 caravan park

3 hotel

4 any where else?
Or this thread http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:11 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

2 caravan park

3 hotel

4 any where else?
adelaide shores holiday park is great......recently stayed in one of their villas..... C x
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

I think a caravan park would be the best bet as it would be cheap and you wouldn't be tied in like you would with a rental so if you found a long term rental quickly you could just move out! Make it more like a holiday in Devon too!!

Jo
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Alternately, take a look on Ozstays. We found a beautiful holiday beach house to rent for our first week here until our on arrival accom was ready. (We changed our flights, so no on-arrival for the first week).
Good luck.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at the Adelaide Shores Caravan Park for two weeks when we arrived.

It wasn't too bad, but the internet terminal was nearly always broken and our cabin was infested with ants. Then there was the incident with the cockraoach that was hiding in my jacket and decided to attack my face when I put it on :scared:

But apart from that it was OK

There are probably cheaper alternatives though. Take a look on http://www.sacentral.sa.gov.au/site/...path=4873,4900
Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:46 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
We stayed at the Adelaide Shores Caravan Park for two weeks when we arrived.

It wasn't too bad, but the internet terminal was nearly always broken and our cabin was infested with ants. Then there was the incident with the cockraoach that was hiding in my jacket and decided to attack my face when I put it on :scared:

But apart from that it was OK

There are probably cheaper alternatives though. Take a look on http://www.sacentral.sa.gov.au/site/...path=4873,4900
The holiday park (completely seperate from the caravan park) was great and no problems like the problems wendyC experienced........ C x