Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Brisbane????

Where to stay in Brisbane????

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Where to stay in Brisbane????

I'm hoping for a little help from you guys please, my husband, my son (8 when we arrive) and myself are arriving in Brisbane on the 27th March (Evening) were going to stay in an airport hotel for that night but just wondered where is a good place to stay for max 2 weeks while searching for a rental?? We would like to look around Redland Bay area and Springfield Lakes. We've looked at the Brisbane Holiday Village in the Cosmos Cabins but they can only offer us 8 days because of a big Basketball Tournament going on at the same time.
Does anyone know of a reasonable and clean place to stay as a base???
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Re: Where to stay in Brisbane????

Anyone please!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

sorry! can't help, but waiting to hear what others say!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:59 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried the gateway village, a bit further down from the Brisbane Holiday Village ?

www.gatewayvillage.com.au

good luck, I'm really jealous, wish it was me going again!

Jackie
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

The DC in Brisbane is an unknown quantity at this point

I am hoping to arrive in April (family to follow in May), the recruitment agent suggested I stay in New Farm to begin with as there are lots of flats and you can get short term rentals on a weeks notice - price circa $150 a week. They are going to send a list of places to stay, when/if I get it do you want me to send you a copy?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Dockside apartments at Kangaroo Point in Brisbane (right near city) are great and offer fully furnished apartments with wonderful views over the river. Have stayed there a no of times and they are a great base.

See link: http://www.ozhorizons.com.au/qld/bris/dock/side.htm
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ormrod7
I'm hoping for a little help from you guys please, my husband, my son (8 when we arrive) and myself are arriving in Brisbane on the 27th March (Evening) were going to stay in an airport hotel for that night but just wondered where is a good place to stay for max 2 weeks while searching for a rental?? We would like to look around Redland Bay area and Springfield Lakes. We've looked at the Brisbane Holiday Village in the Cosmos Cabins but they can only offer us 8 days because of a big Basketball Tournament going on at the same time.
A copy-and-paste from another thread I post on:

There are some furnished apartments on this web site:
http://www.seqrents.com.au/

We stayed (and quite a few other BE'ers) at the Manhattan on Newstead when we first arrived and thought it was very conveniently located as a base - not far from the city or the gateway motorway. The apartments were all very clean and the manager very helpful.

Mrs JTL
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:58 am
him
token local

him has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ormrod7
not too sure about places to stay as I do not know your budget, but for the record (and as nobody else has mentioned it) are you aware that Springfield Lake is to the South West of Brisbane whilst Redland bay is due East...
They are however both on the same side of the Brisbane River.

Not meaning to be patronising or nasty... just trying to be helpful...
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Very helpful answers, it will help enormously when we get to Brisbane, eventually!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The DC in Brisbane
I am hoping to arrive in April (family to follow in May), the recruitment agent suggested I stay in New Farm to begin with as there are lots of flats and you can get short term rentals on a weeks notice - price circa $150 a week. They are going to send a list of places to stay, when/if I get it do you want me to send you a copy?
That would be really helpful thank you.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by him
not too sure about places to stay as I do not know your budget, but for the record (and as nobody else has mentioned it) are you aware that Springfield Lake is to the South West of Brisbane whilst Redland bay is due East...
They are however both on the same side of the Brisbane River.

Not meaning to be patronising or nasty... just trying to be helpful...
Yes i do realise where they both are thank you.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:27 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, we stayed in the Kangaroo point appartments in the 4.5 star and they where really good and the lacation was great as the are very central, can walk to the lagoon and over the bridge to the city in about 15mins. with it being central its good as you can go north ot south to see the areas that you like. Pete We are staying there when we move over at the start of march for 3-4 weeks.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi Omrod7

We are hoping to settle in Brisbane and we went over during the Uk summer for five weeks for a reccie visit. We rented a fully furnished house in Kenmore Hills which is about 30 minutes from CBD on the West side of Brisbane. The home that we stayed in was a four bedroom home but the owner does have a two or three bedroom home on the same block( It is an acreage property) I found the home on SEQ rents on the internet and we were very pleased staying there. It was reasonably priced and convenient for looking around the area.

If you need more help do please contact me and if I am able to will help you.

Thanks

Janet x
Old Jan 26th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

That's annoying lol. We've just got here and have rented ourselves a cabin in a caravan park near Manly. The Nestle Inn. The cabin's basic but has all the esentials. $480 PW

It doesn't have a minimum/maximum term either.

Last edited by Mochinbach; Jan 26th 2007 at 10:21 am.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Can you send me a copy? we are hoping to be out there mid march, it would be very useful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.