Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stay on arrival On The Gold Coast???

Wikiposts

Where to stay on arrival On The Gold Coast???

Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Question Where to stay on arrival On The Gold Coast???

Now we have our visas we are looking into where to stay when we get over to The Gold Coast. We are shipping our stuff over so will eventually rent unfurnished but with two small children I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences they would like to share. I was thinking of a holiday type apartment/ hotel/ caravan!!!??? for a few weeks to get the feel of the place & time to find an area to rent in.
Any info would be gratefully received!
Karen x
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to stay on arrival On The Gold Coast???

Originally Posted by karenjc
Now we have our visas we are looking into where to stay when we get over to The Gold Coast. We are shipping our stuff over so will eventually rent unfurnished but with two small children I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences they would like to share. I was thinking of a holiday type apartment/ hotel/ caravan!!!??? for a few weeks to get the feel of the place & time to find an area to rent in.
Karen x

Hi Karen,
Try this site this detail of all types of accomodation for rent when you arrive.
We don't need it fortunately, as we have a few friends willing to put us up. :scared:
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Karen

I cant remember if I sent it on to you but there has been some apartments recommended in Varsity lakes...they have furnished & unfurnished and I think has a communal pool...I can send it again, I think thats possibly where Tracey & Gary are gonna start off.

Sue x
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Where to stay on arrival On The Gold Coast???

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi Karen

I cant remember if I sent it on to you but there has been some apartments recommended in Varsity lakes...they have furnished & unfurnished and I think has a communal pool...I can send it again, I think thats possibly where Tracey & Gary are gonna start off.

Sue x
Hi Sue
That would be gr8 if you could send that to us.
Hope all is well your end!
Karen x
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi Karen,
Try this site this detail of all types of accomodation for rent when you arrive.
We don't need it fortunately, as we have a few friends willing to put us up. :scared:
Hi,
Thanks for that - will check it out!
Karen x
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi karen congratulations on your visa,hope you ve been celebrating,i think we re going to varsity lakes if we can get in

tracey
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scissors
hi karen congratulations on your visa,hope you ve been celebrating,i think we re going to varsity lakes if we can get in

tracey
Thanks Tracey we will look there too.
Karen x
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go....www.centralparkapartments.com.au
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

little miss c is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where to stay on arrival On The Gold Coast???

Karen x
Hi Karen
We spent 5 weeks looking to rent on the Gold Coast, we found that rental properties difficult to view, as the real estate people have a laid back attitude, sometimes they wouldn't get back to us for 3 to 4 days, which was frustrating when you are trying find somewhere to live asap. We found you can rent funished holiday type houses on a complex, but usually for a minimum of 3 months, hotels are great, prices around surfers paradise and broadbeach areas were about $150 per night for 2 bed apartment, we were recommended to go to Coolangatta, to a hotel called the Greenmount, which is $80 per night or $70 if you book online with quantas for a family room. Its 3 star an excellent place to start, right on the beach, buses run frequently. Its 20-25 minutes from Collangatta to Surfers/Broadbeach/Varsity Lakes/Robina.The bus route takes you along the coast road through Kirra, Currumbin, Palm Beach, Burleigh Heads, Miami, Mermaid Beach, Braodbeach then Surfers. Robina and Varsity are about 10 mins inland from the coast.
Hope this helps
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by little miss c
Hi Karen
We spent 5 weeks looking to rent on the Gold Coast, we found that rental properties difficult to view, as the real estate people have a laid back attitude, sometimes they wouldn't get back to us for 3 to 4 days, which was frustrating when you are trying find somewhere to live asap. We found you can rent funished holiday type houses on a complex, but usually for a minimum of 3 months, hotels are great, prices around surfers paradise and broadbeach areas were about $150 per night for 2 bed apartment, we were recommended to go to Coolangatta, to a hotel called the Greenmount, which is $80 per night or $70 if you book online with quantas for a family room. Its 3 star an excellent place to start, right on the beach, buses run frequently. Its 20-25 minutes from Collangatta to Surfers/Broadbeach/Varsity Lakes/Robina.The bus route takes you along the coast road through Kirra, Currumbin, Palm Beach, Burleigh Heads, Miami, Mermaid Beach, Braodbeach then Surfers. Robina and Varsity are about 10 mins inland from the coast.
Hope this helps
Yeah thanks for that we will look into it again many thanks
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I might be able to help you with furnished accomodation either for holiday orn short term permanent. It will be in the main beach area. I was also the one that stayed at Central Park
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by debsy
I might be able to help you with furnished accomodation either for holiday orn short term permanent. It will be in the main beach area. I was also the one that stayed at Central Park

Hi Debs

Just been looking again at Central Park looks nice hope your well

Sue
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

taylors244 will become famous soon enoughtaylors244 will become famous soon enough

Karen x

hi karen,
we are also heading gold coast way, hopefully early next year also on a skilled independent visa.
where are you hoping to settle and what trade are you in?
we were thinking of doing the exact thing, renting a holiday apartment for a few weeks, untill found job and somewhere to live.we were thinking of coolangatta to start with as we have some family in that area and is quite accessible to gold coast area
good luck
sam
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:13 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Karen x

Hi Karen

Don't know whether this would help but last year when we went out we stayed at Main Beach (absolutely gorgeous). The apartments were holiday lets and were called the "Contessa Condominiums". I haven't kept any details (address, prices etc) prob. find it on t-internet, but the accommodation was fabulous. We had 2 x 2 bedroom apartments (one for Ash, me and our kids) and one apartment for my parents (it was all that was left for the dates we were there). The people were soooo friendly. I seem to recall we paid $800 for one week so this would possibly be too expensive. We really didn't have any other choices at the time because everywhere was booked up. I can recommend the accommodation though it was a fully furnished, fully equipped 2 bed apartment - fab. Could have lived there forever.

Shelley xxx (Ashley & Shelley)
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Thankyou all for your replies. I will look into them all & let you know what we decide.
We are putting the house on the market this week! Lets hope that goes more smoothly than the visa application!!!!! (Doubt It!)
Karen x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.