Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Adelaide.

Where to stay in Adelaide.

Old Feb 10th 2003, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ianrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really nice
Default Where to stay in Adelaide.

I will be going on holiday to Adelaide in June and would be interested to know of areas to look out for and areas to avoid.

We will be staying in Elisabeth with relatives but would like to look around to see what's available.

My mate sent this e-mail and got me thinking about where we are staying, hope it 's not as bad, but then again he apparently stay in an area called Thebarton which is he says is a good area.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Iain
Attached Thumbnails Where to stay in Adelaide.-monopoly.jpg  
Old Feb 11th 2003, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Ozbunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to stay in Adelaide.

Hey Iain
I live near Elizabeth, and sure it doesnt have the best reputation in the State, but its not as bad as some make out. Wide streets, lots of parklands...it is a low income area though, with many unemployed people with nothing to do. My sister lives in Elizabeth, with her husband and 3 children, and she likes where they live.
Thebarton, is just on the outskirts of the city, very noisy...but convenient I suppose. East and North East of the city, are really quite nice, along with those suburbs along the coast...Glenelg, Brighton, Semaphore etc...lovely places to stay.
Hope you have a nice holiday here...best of luck
Kristy
Old Feb 11th 2003, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ianrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really nice
Default Re: Where to stay in Adelaide.

Thanks Kristy,
I probably thought it would be ok.We are going to my sister in laws house to stay. Think my mate sent me the picture cos he used to be married to my sis in law, so maybe rubbing it in a bit.

Cant wait to go and see Adelaide, and will look at different areas as we are seriously cotemplating migration.

Have looked at a lot of houses in Elisabeth and cant believe what you can buy, compared to where i live in Scotland.

Thanks for advice as it gives a better picture.

Regards Iain
Old Feb 12th 2003, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Personally I would come south of the city - I don't like the north so much, and when in the south you have access to all the nicest beaches.
Old Feb 13th 2003, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by wizzywozza
Personally I would come south of the city - I don't like the north so much, and when in the south you have access to all the nicest beaches.

Thanks wizzy,

What areas would you suggest,we have looked at a place called hallett cove which looks really nice, but what work is available for a carpenter in the South.

Regards
Iain