Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where to stay for 3 nights in singapore

where to stay for 3 nights in singapore

Old May 1st 2006, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default where to stay for 3 nights in singapore

Can anyone recomend a nice place to stay for our stopover in Singapore in July.Somewhere that will keep me happy,so i can sit and have a glass of wine and suitable for hubby and two children.thanks a million.x Irishbloo
Old May 1st 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: where to stay for 3 nights in singapore

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Can anyone recomend a nice place to stay for our stopover in Singapore in July.Somewhere that will keep me happy,so i can sit and have a glass of wine and suitable for hubby and two children.thanks a million.x Irishbloo
We stayed at the Pan Pacific and it was gorgeous! I think it can be a bit pricey but we booked it online for a really good price - they do a package (I think called Leisure) which was room, breakfast and $40 vouchers to use in any of the hotel bars or restaurants (there are a few, all really nice some award winning!!) We've got a 4 year old girl, they put an extra bed in our room for her at no extra cost. She absolutely loved it. It is linked to Marina Square shopping mall, you go straight through a door in the hotel and there you are!! (fabulous as well!)

I don't know if this is any good to you but there are so many nice hotels I'm sure you'll find a good one. Enjoy!!
Old May 1st 2006, 9:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going with Singapore Air, go to the stopover page on their site. Lots of hotels there and all the 5 star hotel are excellent and you get them really cheaply as well as getting loads of stopover goodies. Free airport transfers as well.
Old May 1st 2006, 10:07 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you take the kids out to the Zoo.

About 18 to 20 S$ from the centre by taxi.

Take their swimming gear because their is a water park in the play area.

Our 2 year old loved the elephants - watch out for the MSG or your kids will be up all night

We stay with family but the Stamford and Mandarin come recommended.

Kiwi
Old May 1st 2006, 11:37 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebears
Make sure you take the kids out to the Zoo.

About 18 to 20 S$ from the centre by taxi.

Take their swimming gear because their is a water park in the play area.

Our 2 year old loved the elephants - watch out for the MSG or your kids will be up all night

We stay with family but the Stamford and Mandarin come recommended.

Kiwi

............ to follow up on that - the Night Safari is excellent.. and different.

The Chinatown Museum is a good insight into how families used to live, maybe 10 families to a house, down by the river, in the not-too-distant past. Depending on the age of your children, they may find it interesting too.

A river trip itself is good fun.

Last time we were there - this February - we stayed at the Merchant Court Swissotel on the river at Clarke Quay - good position - good pool although there is a massive building site next door over the MRT station which, surprisingly, as some of them work all night,didn't interfere with sleeping.

There are so many good hotels in the city that you are really spoilt for choice.

Be prepared for serious humidity - it is on the Equator - and pace yourselves. You CAN spend all your time in air conditioned shops etc but what's the fun in that!

Regards

Jim
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:02 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

We can definately recommend this hotel if only for the breakfasts.

See the attached photo.

Well worth a visit.

http://www.royalplaza.com.sg/
Attached Thumbnails where to stay for 3 nights in singapore-royal-plaza.jpg  
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:53 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Ive stayed at the Pan Pacific, which is lovely and in town...

http://singapore.panpacific.com/

or if you prefer a beach setting the Shangrila on Sentosa its fantastic...

http://www.shangri-la.com/singapore/rasasentosa/en/

very jealous...wish i was going!

Enjoy, Sue
Old May 2nd 2006, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Reccomend Sentosa Resort and Spa, Really beautiful place to stay.
Good Luck

Nicky & John
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rossifumi
We can definately recommend this hotel if only for the breakfasts.

See the attached photo.

Well worth a visit.

http://www.royalplaza.com.sg/
we stayed here a few weeks ago breakfasts ace , dont know much else about singers as son was ill the whole time so didnt see much .
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:35 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janet66
we stayed here a few weeks ago breakfasts ace , dont know much else about singers as son was ill the whole time so didnt see much .
One of the reasons we went back a second time was because my daughter got chicken pox the day after we arrived. She went around everywhere with a big floppy hat on and covered from head to foot. We couldnt leave on the day we planned because we needed a doctors letter and so we stayed an extra three days....amazing place though, we loved it
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: where to stay for 3 nights in singapore

Hi

We stayed at Raffles The Plaza in an executive room (2 adults & 3 children 10, 8 & 2) which had 2 double beds and a great view.
Given the choice we would have stayed in The Stamford which is next door and about the same price but in a bay view room, just make sure you ask for 2 double beds! Bed & breakfast was about £140 per night. Take your swimming trunks and use the 2 outdoor pools though!

HTH

AnitaB
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all so far for all advice.I wills start making some enquires today.I have always wanted to go so we are looking forward to it.Keep the suggestions coming.thanks again. x Irishbloo
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:45 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

My hubby and son (4) stayed in the Phoenix Hotel, Orchard road. Was very central and convenient. They organised our trips to various places from there. The zoo is great. My son absolutely loved it. The shopping is great too

They upgraded us to a suite and it was HUGE!! Reasonably priced too.

www.hotelphoenixsingapore.com