Where so I buy

Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Where so I buy

Got packers coming in less than two weeks and just wondered where the best place to buy those giant bags that deflate with the hoover so that I can pack our duvets etc

Lindsey
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where so I buy

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Got packers coming in less than two weeks and just wondered where the best place to buy those giant bags that deflate with the hoover so that I can pack our duvets etc

Lindsey
You can usually get them from Argos
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Thanks Wendy - I've just realised that I should have written do not so on the where do I buy bit.

Another question - did anyone pack there belongings with silica gel sachets (they are in the container an awful long time!)
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Another question - did anyone pack there belongings with silica gel sachets (they are in the container an awful long time!)[/QUOTE]

Did not use silica gel but have always put Tea Bags in the fridge, freezer and Washing machine, they absorb odours and moisture, if they get wet then its easily cleaned off.

Di
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:44 am
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Hi Lindsay,
I got a box of different sized bags ranging from small upto jumbo size from Costco. It cost under £20 and you get about 15 bags in all.
Anne.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Take a reasonable quality black refuse sack.
Place item inside.
Insert vacuum rod into bag and close and hold neck of sack around it.
Suck out air.
Withdraw rod and twist neck of bag.
Double over neck of bag.
Put a strong elastic band on it.
Hey presto - cheap vacuum bags.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Take a reasonable quality black refuse sack.
Place item inside.
Insert vacuum rod into bag and close and hold neck of sack around it.
Suck out air.
Withdraw rod and twist neck of bag.
Double over neck of bag.
Put a strong elastic band on it.
Hey presto - cheap vacuum bags.
As recommended by Shannon Lush.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:09 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
As recommended by Shannon Lush.
Not heard of Shannon but this is where I got it a few years ago.

A book I bought from QVC.
Attached Thumbnails Where so I buy-haleys.jpg  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:31 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bix you shock me a QVC fan and shopper wonders never cease

Kaye
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by wardy2
Bix you shock me a QVC fan and shopper wonders never cease

Kaye
I even Googled QVC today to check if they were in Aus
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:02 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

and are they
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Thanks Wendy - I've just realised that I should have written do not so on the where do I buy bit.

Another question - did anyone pack there belongings with silica gel sachets (they are in the container an awful long time!)
I would definately use the gel sachets, especially for photos. many of our framed photos got quite damp, and the pictures ended up distorted