Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where should i take my tent in QLD

Where should i take my tent in QLD

Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where should i take my tent in QLD

Just bought a tent for me and my son to go away for the odd weekend camping. Quite fancy the sunshine coast.

Will take body boards and push bikes.

Anybody got any recommendations for sites? I have noticed that a few places have a minimum of a two night stay, a minimum of one would be better

Many thanks in advance

Jazzys
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:40 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where should i take my tent in QLD

Originally Posted by jazzys
Just bought a tent for me and my son to go away for the odd weekend camping. Quite fancy the sunshine coast.

Will take body boards and push bikes.

Anybody got any recommendations for sites? I have noticed that a few places have a minimum of a two night stay, a minimum of one would be better

Many thanks in advance

Jazzys
Went to one inland, about 1 1/2 hrs from Brissie at Esk caravan park. Basic but close to the village of esk. Good ameneties and not far to travel.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the amount of people on here who have said they go camping, and yet i've had ONE reply to where they all go. Thanks expats.

Jazzys
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We brought ourselves a new tent yesterday and was wondering the same thing

There is an organised meet (need to do a search because I can't remember where it is) organised for this month. It is a weekender, inland from the GC at a lovely place.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Could be intersted in that mate, if you come across any details let me know will ya.

cheers
Jazzys
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:39 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Try Dickie Beach Caravan park, sunshine coast we stayed there in July with the caravan they have nice sites for tents right on beach and surf club 2 min walk serve "plain" food jeff .
or
Tallebudgeria Caravan park at Palm beach Gold coast, again great, on creek and mins from surf beach.Nice tent sites.

You could take that fishing rod youve got !!!!!

Good luck let us know where you end up ...............

anne
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

There you go Jeff search thru this thread, it's on next weekend mate . Good bunch of people and a couple of 14 yr old lads going into the bargain ! It'll be a hoot mate i can assure you of that
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...57#post6774857
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AVW

You could take that fishing rod youve got !!!!!
Wouldn't know what to do with it anne, ain't had the lessons ya promised yet.

Jeff
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
There you go Jeff search thru this thread, it's on next weekend mate . Good bunch of people and a couple of 14 yr old lads going into the bargain ! It'll be a hoot mate i can assure you of that
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...57#post6774857
Can't go next weekend mate, my lad has his football presentation do down at the lions club.

Let me know when the next one is and I'll see what the crack is. Not sure where your heading this time tho cos i never flicked thru the thread far enough.

Anyway i saw summat about some gay blokes going and decided it wasn't for me

Jeff
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:00 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't go next weekend mate, my lad has his football presentation do down at the lions club.

Let me know when the next one is and I'll see what the crack is. Not sure where your heading this time tho cos i never flicked thru the thread far enough.

Anyway i saw summat about some gay blokes going and decided it wasn't for me

Jeff
No gay blokes going, Bobby can't make it he's going to Hervey Bay. But you're quite welcome to come next time. This times jaunt was to Somerset Dam near Kilkoy along from the previously mentioned Esk.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

So, forgive my ignorance but what is there to do out that way. Isn't it like the moon out there?

Jazzys
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:17 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

So, forgive my ignorance but what is there to do out that way. Isn't it like the moon out there?

Jazzys
Nope quite nice and massive Dams Somerset and Wivenhoe and some hicksville villages.

http://www.lakesomerset.com.au/

Gives us the choice of fishing, paddling or boating & fishing and those that want to 4 X 4 theirs Land Cruiser Park and the Crows place that's not far off, info on Crows bit at ..
Link: http://www.nissan.com.au/owningnissa...ks/dec2000.pdf

Last edited by annqldau; Sep 14th 2008 at 6:38 am.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:20 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau

It doesn't work-needs some tweeking.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:34 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a campsite at Tamborine Mountain, Thunderbird Park. C x
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiels
Theres a campsite at Tamborine Mountain, Thunderbird Park. C x
Aye i've been there digging for bloody thundereggs. Sweated like a blind lesbian in a fish shop.

Jazzys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.