james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to shop??

What would be your recommendations on where to go for the following:

- Furniture
- Household
- Electrical
- Clothing - work/everyday/kids
- Food shopping

We are talking middle of the road quality (M&S equivalent). Department/ chain stores/supermarkets ideally. We are going to sydney BTW.

I know its a slightly vague question but a starter for 10 would be useful and maybe save us a stack of time.

thanks

James & Bev
Old Aug 12th 2003, 5:07 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to shop??

We (hubby & 3 kids) went over for a month back in April to validate. As we're a large family we couldn't afford to eat out all the time so often bought food in supermarkets to cook in our apartment. One supermarket we thought good was Coles, especially for the fresh stuff. My other half had to be dragged away from the huge range of fresh olives..... Everything, with the exception of milk and bread was reasonably priced and good value.

As for clothes, we bought some pretty good stuff for the kids in Target, again reasonably priced and good value. They also sell household stuff, towels, bedding etc and kitchen stuff. I'll definately be paying them a visit when we migrate to Melbourne in May 2004!

Hope my snippet has been of use!

Petra
Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:35 pm
Carol in Oz

Default Re: Where to shop??

Originally posted by james & bev
What would be your recommendations on where to go for the following:

- Furniture
- Household
- Electrical
- Clothing - work/everyday/kids
- Food shopping

We are talking middle of the road quality (M&S equivalent). Department/ chain stores/supermarkets ideally. We are going to sydney BTW.

I know its a slightly vague question but a starter for 10 would be useful and maybe save us a stack of time.

thanks

James & Bev

Try some of these sites

www.coles.com.au
www.woolworths.com.au
www.target.com.au
www.bigw.com.au
www.freedomfurniture.com.au
www.fantasticfurniture.com.au

btw where in Sydney are you going?
Carol

Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to shop??

Originally posted by Carol_in Oz
Try some of these sites

www.coles.com.au
www.woolworths.com.au
www.target.com.au
www.bigw.com.au
www.freedomfurniture.com.au
www.fantasticfurniture.com.au

btw where in Sydney are you going?
Carol
thanks carol

we are heading to probably the hills area not sure which burb yet 20th (ish) of sept. Staying with a relative for the first 2 or 3 weeks so will we spend more time checking the area out. We going to rent for first 3-6 months before buying. We have decided not to take much with us, and therefore have alot of shopping to come. Thankyou very much for your useful help.

James