Reload this Page >

Where to rent South of Perth

Where to rent South of Perth

Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyfurious is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Where to rent South of Perth

Hello

I have read some similar threads and people were very helpful so I thought I'd try my luck. I have successfully gained a post with WAPOL so will be emigrating from Manchester in September.
I have been told I will be based in districts south of Perth however my initial training will be in Joondalup (I believe this is very close to the rail network).
Please can anyone recommend some nice areas to rent that are south of the river that are peaceful but have the usual local amenities? - Preferably near to the railway.

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2013, 2:01 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to rent South of Perth

Originally Posted by jonnyfurious
Hello

I have read some similar threads and people were very helpful so I thought I'd try my luck. I have successfully gained a post with WAPOL so will be emigrating from Manchester in September.
I have been told I will be based in districts south of Perth however my initial training will be in Joondalup (I believe this is very close to the rail network).
Please can anyone recommend some nice areas to rent that are south of the river that are peaceful but have the usual local amenities? - Preferably near to the railway.

Thanks
Hi, congratulations on the job. To get info that's relevent, you need to provide a bit more info, such as an idea of your weekly rental budget, if you have kids (which affects the area you choose if you want good schools), will you be driving to work or taking public transport.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks,
Well I dont really have a budget as such but I'm confident I won't be rolling in cash so somewhere upto around $500 a week sounds about right. No children so I don't have to worry about schools and I think it will be a mixture of car and public transport as maybe even the push bike if I'm not too get off. I'd really like somewhere that has its own centre with a few restaurants and bars if possible.

Cheers

John

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi, congratulations on the job. To get info that's relevent, you need to provide a bit more info, such as an idea of your weekly rental budget, if you have kids (which affects the area you choose if you want good schools), will you be driving to work or taking public transport.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Hello

Thanks
you have got rockingham or mandurah which have good rental prices and both have train station's very easy to get to joondalup. i bought a place in mandurah but think rockingham is a much better place and a much better beach.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

I could second Rockingham. It has some nice restaurants, all the shops you need, nice foreshore area although a bit small. Easy access to Perth via the train station.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Rockingham looks very good. My only concern is google says it would take 1hr 40mins to get to Joondalup on the train from their?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:20 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Rockingham looks very good. My only concern is google says it would take 1hr 40mins to get to Joondalup on the train from their?
It took the feral SD from 2.40pm until 4.55pm to get from Rockingham to Joondy today.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Well I dont really have a budget as such but I'm confident I won't be rolling in cash so somewhere upto around $500 a week sounds about right. No children so I don't have to worry about schools and I think it will be a mixture of car and public transport as maybe even the push bike if I'm not too get off. I'd really like somewhere that has its own centre with a few restaurants and bars if possible.

Cheers

John

It's going to be a bit difficult if you want/need to use a push bike, as they aren't allowed on trains during peak hour (from memory, 7 - 9am and 4.30 - 6:30pm). The Joondalup Police Academy is about a 10 minute walk from Joondalup train station, or you can catch a free CAT bus from the train station which will just about drop you on the doorstep.

I'm a bit worried that Perth is going to be a shock for you. There a very few areas south of the river that are both peaceful and have their own centre with pubs, restaurants etc, and that are also close to a train station. Perth is very sprawling and is quite 'soulless' compared to suburbs of Manchester.

Rockingham and Mandurah are, in my opinion, too long of a commute for you. Victoria Park would be an option, very close to the City and you can get a train or a bus to the City, then a train to Joondalup. You'd be struggling to get a decent house for $500 a week but you'd get a nice 2 bedroom apartment. Vic Park also has good pubs and restaurants.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah Rockingham sounds very good but a bit far - although I'm only at Joondalup for 12 weeks. Something temporary nearer to Joondalup might be a consideration and then move to Rockingham later.
Both Victoria Park and Freemantle were suggested to me and look good, but do seem quite pricey. However if I did live there I could perhaps save a few $ in travelling.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Butler has been suggested to me and looks great but its the other extreme with it being so far North - I'm wondering what the commute to the areas South of Perth like Fremantle or possibly further would be like?

Cheers
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:03 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Thanks
It is really hard to advise you as the district 'South of Perth' could be literally anywhere.

Probably opt for a short term rental in the Joondalup area, while you do your training and until you know 100% where you will end up.

My next door neighbour is in the police and I understand you get moved around every so often to prevent you getting too familiar with the crims in your area.

check out www.realestate.com.au for places to live also www.reiwa.com

Just did a quick search on Gumtree... and although you are the wrong sex, will have a new born baby in the house keeping you awake all night... there are short term rentals available! http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/joond...tal/1014200988
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:31 pm
Concierge

Butler has been suggested to me and looks great but its the other extreme with it being so far North - I'm wondering what the commute to the areas South of Perth like Fremantle or possibly further would be like?

Cheers
You'd need to get a bus from Butler to Clarkson station, a train from Clarkson to Perth station, then a train from Perth to Fremantle. Allow a good hour and a half each way.

I agree that it would be easiest for you to rent short term in Joondalup, and while you're in training you could find out a bit more about possible postings and also do some reccies of areas you're interested in.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ha ha cheers yes I think that's the most sensible idea.

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
It is really hard to advise you as the district 'South of Perth' could be literally anywhere.

Probably opt for a short term rental in the Joondalup area, while you do your training and until you know 100% where you will end up.

My next door neighbour is in the police and I understand you get moved around every so often to prevent you getting too familiar with the crims in your area.

check out www.realestate.com.au for places to live also www.reiwa.com

Just did a quick search on Gumtree... and although you are the wrong sex, will have a new born baby in the house keeping you awake all night... there are short term rentals available! http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/joond...tal/1014200988
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's going to be a bit difficult if you want/need to use a push bike, as they aren't allowed on trains during peak hour (from memory, 7 - 9am and 4.30 - 6:30pm). The Joondalup Police Academy is about a 10 minute walk from Joondalup train station, or you can catch a free CAT bus from the train station which will just about drop you on the doorstep.

I'm a bit worried that Perth is going to be a shock for you. There a very few areas south of the river that are both peaceful and have their own centre with pubs, restaurants etc, and that are also close to a train station. Perth is very sprawling and is quite 'soulless' compared to suburbs of Manchester.

Rockingham and Mandurah are, in my opinion, too long of a commute for you. Victoria Park would be an option, very close to the City and you can get a train or a bus to the City, then a train to Joondalup. You'd be struggling to get a decent house for $500 a week but you'd get a nice 2 bedroom apartment. Vic Park also has good pubs and restaurants.
+1
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah Rockingham sounds very good but a bit far - although I'm only at Joondalup for 12 weeks. Something temporary nearer to Joondalup might be a consideration and then move to Rockingham later.
Both Victoria Park and Freemantle were suggested to me and look good, but do seem quite pricey. However if I did live there I could perhaps save a few $ in travelling.
Sitting on the train to Joondalup for 12 weeks won't kill you. After all, everything is new, you might enjoy the travel to watch the locals and get an idea how the place ticks. 3 months is nothing in a life.

I would consider Baldivis if your work will be south of Perth which as others said could be anywhere. I wonder if you could find out a bit more which shire they have in mind for you.

Freo and surroundings will be too expensive, Cockburn Central, hm, not sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.