Reload this Page >

where to rent around Adelaide

where to rent around Adelaide

Old Feb 8th 2004, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

nikkimac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to rent around Adelaide

Hi All,

I'm due to finally arrive in South Australia in Sep/ Oct 2004 and wondered if anyone could give me some advice about where to rent in Adelaide?

Which suburbs would you suggest and which should I definitely avoid?

Thanks.

Nikki.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Nikki

try this site as many of us are already living here in Adelaide.

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1

If you say what your requirements and lifestyle is we can get a better idea of what areas might suit you best. Its not easy to generalize as what one person finds good about an area, another may hate.

regards

Nicki
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where to rent around Adelaide

Like Possum says it's what your after. The CBD has properties or theres the Parade Norwood or Glenelng has a busy beach life or Grange for quieter beach etc...

IMO you can get great rentals where you cannot afford to buy a house/apartment. As 40% of recent real estate sales (what our mortgage adviser told us) have been to interstate investors you can afford to be picky. My brother in-law is renting just off the northern parklands and it isn't cheap to buy there!

Hard to say if you don't know where you'll be working etc. Another reason not to settle immediately. I'll go out on a limb and say look at the city/bay and norwood as a starting point and see what you think...
Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:29 am
Just Joined

nikkimac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Thanks for your initial suggestions and the website link. We are eventually planning to buy property in the Adelaide Hills/ Barossa Valley area but to start off with will try and take advantage of the South Australia "On Arrival accomodation" for skilled independant migrants so we then have 12 weeks to find rental property.

Initially I will be looking for a pharmacist position anywhere in the Adelaide vicinity so this may well influence which area we choose to rent in. Not too fussed about being on the beach - more concerned about good travel links to the city as this is probably where there is more likelihood of work for me.

No kids and mid thirties couple so relatively solvent but don't want to pay top whack.

Probably most concerned about avoiding obvious crime areas!!!

Cheers.
Nikki.x.