Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where in Perth????

Where in Perth????

Old Nov 24th 2005, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice
Default Where in Perth????

We are about to make the long trip from Melbourne to Perth :scared: as we feel Perth is the best place for us to settle as a family. We visited Perth 2 years ago and thought it was the best city here. Any advice on which areas to have a look at and which to avoid?

We have kids aged 10, 12, 15 and want to be near things for them to do, quite near the beach and good schools. We need a rental asap so any advise on this would help too.
Would you recommend easy access to Perth with the age of our kids or what about Rockingham?? Is there much for kids here??
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:56 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in Perth????

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
We are about to make the long trip from Melbourne to Perth :scared: as we feel Perth is the best place for us to settle as a family. We visited Perth 2 years ago and thought it was the best city here. Any advice on which areas to have a look at and which to avoid?

We have kids aged 10, 12, 15 and want to be near things for them to do, quite near the beach and good schools. We need a rental asap so any advise on this would help too.
Would you recommend easy access to Perth with the age of our kids or what about Rockingham?? Is there much for kids here??
Hi,

Try this link: http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?c=7

Lots of info on Perth. Click on the name of a suburb, and it brings up a suburb profile page & some photos.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:38 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi Sherie, we have a short term holiday rental near three beaches in Rockingham, if you like the beach Rockingham is fantastic, as you have the choice of three beaches two minutes apart, but if the westerly is blowing the Rockingham foreshore is protested and if the easterly is blowing Shoalwater/safety bay is protected. It is ideal for kids as the weather promotes outdoor activities. On the weekends my 12 year old girl is off to the beach with her mates and doing all sorts of sports. I lived in Melbourne for 20 years and the only activity my son did there was watching videos, so mine was a lifestyle choice and I am glad I did.Check out our web site at http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage/ hope this helped . The cottage is available from tomorrow to the 17th of December, and now has a three bedroom option.We have a 5 bed home on the beach at Rockingham beach which will be available next monday thru to 2nd Jan. Thanks Suzette and Will
Old Nov 26th 2005, 6:03 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We had a look at Rockingham when we first got here but decided, even with the new rail line going in, it was too far away from the city. There are also a few bloody huge factories on the coastline which dominate the views.

If you go for Perth I would avoid the suburbs on the coast as properties are much more expensive and they can get a bit of trouble, I hear.

Before I came here I was told that the further east you go the "less-desirable"
the suburbs become. I was told to try and keep west of the Mitchell Freeway if possible and certainly west of the Wanneroo Road but I have found that to be groundless, in my experience. Like anywhere the areas where property are cheaper tend to be less "nice". There are also a few factors that aren't always apparent like we looked at a property in Woodvale but there was an almighty stink from a water treatment works.

If you come to Perth, my advice would be to do what we did, pitch up anywhere then spend a few days driving all over forming your own opinion.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

There are lots of beautiful places to live here in WA. Its all according to how much you can afford!! The nicer the suburb, the higher the price!