Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where NOT to park the car at night.

Where NOT to park the car at night.

Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:50 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Where NOT to park the car at night.

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Seriously, thanks to people like Badge we can rest a little easier in our beds at night.
I can't - get distracted thinking about them all in their uniforms.... *sigh*

Anya
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:52 am
Badge

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Were the calvary cross when they arrived?

Seriously, thanks to people like Badge we can rest a little easier in our beds at night.

OzTennis
Most people would say the opposite!!

Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:53 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
That's what my Mrs has said she is looking forward to - seeing me in the fireman's uniform.
PMSL, i've seen Badge in his many times and i can truthfully say,, its nasty
(the uniform, not the badger)
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:57 am
Badge

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Do many girlie's do this, I'd love to but a bit concerned that there might be a crappy attitude towards girls.

As for cars, people here don't lock there cars and they leave the ashtray open and nothing worth nicking in the car. that way if people want to get in and have a look through the car they don't break the window saving you having to get it fixed.

I thought they were all mad at 1st but see the logic now.

In WA all cars have to be sold with an immobilizer (or so I believe)

Kala
We have loads of girls - one is really great. The days of strong firies seem to have gone, there's not many weighty gear now - there is less of the going in to burning buildings to lift people out - 3 guys go in and drag out now - they don't teach fireman's lifts etc. you never go in until you have to, and even then you can refuse...

Many brigades have a wildfire role, very little structure. Ours is both. Women are great drivers, communicators. We have a 70yr old comms girl - she gets everyone goggle-eyed when she turns up to jobs.The older people leave the running around to younger blokes like us - as my captain said the other day.
A few times up a hill with a 64mm hose is knackering.

Badge

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:00 am
Badge

Originally Posted by hevs
PMSL, i've seen Badge in his many times and i can truthfully say,, its nasty
(the uniform, not the badger)
You saw the first one. I have now got a new one with all the bits, it fits- that first one was too small and too old. Was embarassing.

I also have a decent jacket now. Even you know who had a bit of an admiring glance the other day I couldn't help notice.

Badge

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
You saw the first one. I have now got a new one with all the bits, it fits- that first one was too small and too old. Was embarassing.

I also have a decent jacket now.

Badge
But is it still, quintessentially, a canary yellow boiler suit??
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:03 am
Badge

But is it still, quintessentially, a canary yellow boiler suit??
lol nah -a yellow boiler suit with decent luminous strips and logos. And not so tight on my arse it's scary. The first one ripped when I put my hand up in class...

Badge

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:06 am
Badge

a jacket like this...no less... and no, it's not me
Attached Thumbnails Where NOT to park the car at night.-firefighter-01.jpg  

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:06 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
I would imagine the people of the suburb of Inala must be aghast and upset that they are not the top of the list in Brisbane. Too be outdone by Woodridge.....what is the world coming too!!!!!!!!!
I thought the same - but I bet they came in a close second!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Badge
a jacket like this...no less... and no, it's not me
And thats supposed to be a turn on because?????????????
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:15 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

hello all.......

Face here, from the ME.......

This is certainly somewhere you should avoid when trying to park your car...

This happened in Dubai, BTW.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:19 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Face81
hello all.......

Face here, from the ME.......

This is certainly somewhere you should avoid when trying to park your car...

This happened in Dubai, BTW.
Nice one Bet the driver of that needed some Karma !!

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:20 am
Badge

And thats supposed to be a turn on because?????????????
no idea...the mind boggles ...like I said.. you tell me - or Anja etc

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:25 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Nice one Bet the driver of that needed some Karma !!
heh heh....... i suppose...... i cant imagine the amount of time that was spent explaining how he pulled that off to the coppers. LOL

I remember that a crane had to be used to get it down! LOLOLOL

Oh and thanks for the karma, I will try and ive u some as well...
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:50 am
The Oracle

Now hows this for some curb-side parking?

LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.