Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is nice to eat on the Gold Coast

Where is nice to eat on the Gold Coast

Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

cyrused is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where is nice to eat on the Gold Coast

My husband and I would like to go out to eat this evening and so far we have not managed to find anywhere nice that we can eat, we just wanting something reasonable not too fancy but good food, if anyone has been anywhere that they can recommed please let me know as there is nothing worse than going somewhere and not enjoying it .
Thanks in advance
Sally
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:05 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where is nice to eat on the Gold Coast

Chiang Mai on 2779 Gold Coast Highway at Broadbeach is brilliant if you enjoy Thai food. They do excellent food, well priced, good service and the building is beautifully decorated. You may not have to book for a midweek meal either.

http://goldcoast.citysearch.com.au/E...DC/0013/64/15/

They have another restaurants too at Nobby Beach and the Crown Towers Resort which are supposed to begood, not tried those two yet though.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Marios Italian Restaurant in the Broadbeach Mall is good. Hint, if the meal comes in entree or main size definitely go entree - the servings are huge!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I will second Marios on Broadbeach. As BC says stick with the entree unless you are really starving. Eaten there quite a few times and always great food.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:09 pm

We decided to give Marios a go for lunch today and my word it lived up to it's reputation! It was so hot we decided to sit outside near the water feature and watch the world go by.

The food was very good, the service was excellent, the waiters very friendly and attentive and I remembered what you said about the entrees - penne pasta was more than enough, even in that sized portion

All of the restaurants along that strip looked pretty good, we're going to have to try them all out now, shame eh! Would be fun to go there at night too I bet there is a great atmosphere after dark.

After we'd finished we went over onto the grass, quick trip round the craft market then onto the beach for a play. (Shopping mall looked pretty good too) I noticed there's a surf club there too which will be worth a visit during the week for brunch.

Superb afternoon.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cyrused View Post
My husband and I would like to go out to eat this evening and so far we have not managed to find anywhere nice that we can eat, we just wanting something reasonable not too fancy but good food, if anyone has been anywhere that they can recommed please let me know as there is nothing worse than going somewhere and not enjoying it .
Thanks in advance
Sally
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:09 am

Yeah!