Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where on my resume to i put that i have my visa?

where on my resume to i put that i have my visa?

Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default where on my resume do i put that i have my visa?

Want to apply for jobs in Australia

Where should i put it on Resume?

Also what does VE stand for on? the following .......Class VE Subclass 176 Skilled (Migrant) Sponsored

Last edited by rackcatt; Jan 9th 2011 at 2:46 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where on my resume to i put that i have my visa?

The visa class numbers (VE in this case) don't stand for anything.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where on my resume do i put that i have my visa?

Originally Posted by rackcatt
Want to apply for jobs in Australia

Where should i put it on Resume?

Also what does VE stand for on? the following .......Class VE Subclass 176 Skilled (Migrant) Sponsored
Umm somewhere near the top maybe?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Thanks, for OH Resume, I said top he said bottom....
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, for OH Resume, I said top he said bottom....
On my resume it's at the bottom under other information. I just put 'I have full work rights in Australia'
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: where on my resume to i put that i have my visa?

Thanks Wendy, i guess just keep applying and applying for jobs...although do you think it maybe easier to wait till we are over there?
Trying to sell house, need the equity for the move, if it sold tomorrow, we would be on the next plane !
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:50 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy, i guess just keep applying and applying for jobs...although do you think it maybe easier to wait till we are over there?
Trying to sell house, need the equity for the move, if it sold tomorrow, we would be on the next plane !
if you are posting it from UK with a UK correspondence address etc, I would put it at the top under your name/d.o.b etc "Full Residency rights in Australia (Permanent Residency Visa)"

I hire people - I cant be assed to read down the bottom, I'll look at the top and say "Hmm, migrant, oh ok he's got a visa, i can employ him , "tick" " and move on down the page.

when you live here and are applying for jobs with an aussie address - you dont need to worry, and you mention it at interview if asked.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

There is probably not much point applying for jobs unless you have a clear moving date in mind and it is not to far away. We lined up some meetings / interviews a couple of weeks before we came over on a validation trip for example.

I agree with spalen, no point hiding your visa status right at the bottom, people might have given up reading by then. You want to highlight this not hide it.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great thanks guys, its hard to know what to do.
Would like to have job before we moved over, having two kids etc,
not sure where to start, areas where OH might get work, then houses, schools....
Was hoping for trip to validate, but OH lost his job last month, and just started new job last week, long hours, and very little wages...
So when we come, it will be to stay, maybe a huge chance to take...but thinking positive ..xx
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
if you are posting it from UK with a UK correspondence address etc, I would put it at the top under your name/d.o.b etc "Full Residency rights in Australia (Permanent Residency Visa)"

I hire people - I cant be assed to read down the bottom, I'll look at the top and say "Hmm, migrant, oh ok he's got a visa, i can employ him , "tick" " and move on down the page.

when you live here and are applying for jobs with an aussie address - you dont need to worry, and you mention it at interview if asked.
I agree. Didn't realise you were still in the UK!!

Good luck finding something
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Great thanks guys, its hard to know what to do.
Would like to have job before we moved over, having two kids etc,
not sure where to start, areas where OH might get work, then houses, schools....
Was hoping for trip to validate, but OH lost his job last month, and just started new job last week, long hours, and very little wages...
So when we come, it will be to stay, maybe a huge chance to take...but thinking positive ..xx
Wouldn't everyone but it's relatively rare unless coming on an employer sponsored visa. It's not often that employers will bother looking at someone outside of the country when there are many here 'on the ground' with possibly the same qualifications. No harm in trying though, good luck.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Wouldn't everyone but it's relatively rare unless coming on an employer sponsored visa. It's not often that employers will bother looking at someone outside of the country when there are many here 'on the ground' with possibly the same qualifications. No harm in trying though, good luck.
We've just advertised 4 jobs in our department and we're not even looking to hire someone who applied from interstate, never mind overseas! If they can't be here next week for an interview and start the week after then they miss out.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Top or bottom of your CV with your personal details, eg name, date of birth, visa status, etc.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I don't have anything relating to my visa status on my resume. They can ask in the interview when they hear my accent.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Top or bottom of your CV with your personal details, eg name, date of birth, visa status, etc.
Why would you put your date of birth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.