where to move

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Default where to move

Hello again everyone, sorry for posting 2 very similar posts, i thought i hadn't done the first one right. Eventhough we are at present hoping to migrate to Brisbane, i would be very grateful to hear from any of you that would like to share their whereabouts in oz, only the nice happy places though. Me and my family went to Perth, WA in 2005 and fell in love with it, hence the reason we're migrating. The reason were saying we want to go to Brisbane is because sister-in-law and her family moved there 2 years ago and love it. Also house prices seem to be lower than in Perth. Sorry for waffeling on, please let me know where you have settled and what it's like and is it good for children.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:17 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: where to move

Hi - I think these kind of questions are hard to answer as there are lots of great places in Oz and what one person loves another may hate. I've visited both Perth and Brisbane and we liked both but fell in love with Queensland - there is more variety in scenery than in Perth and it seems much closer to other big cities than Perth, however Brisbane itself doesn't have the fantastic beaches that some people want - you need to go to the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast.

We have settled in Bayside and love being close to the water - fantastic beaches are about 1 hour away but I just love seeing the sea so am more than happy - the bay is also great for boats and fishing. Its great for children - there is enough sand for sandcastles and plenty of parks.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hello again everyone, sorry for posting 2 very similar posts, i thought i hadn't done the first one right. Eventhough we are at present hoping to migrate to Brisbane, i would be very grateful to hear from any of you that would like to share their whereabouts in oz, only the nice happy places though. Me and my family went to Perth, WA in 2005 and fell in love with it, hence the reason we're migrating. The reason were saying we want to go to Brisbane is because sister-in-law and her family moved there 2 years ago and love it. Also house prices seem to be lower than in Perth. Sorry for waffeling on, please let me know where you have settled and what it's like and is it good for children.
it's one of those million dollar questions
if you've got more reasons to move to one place than another then you're not doing bad
the usual factors are jobs, family or cost of living
i think your decision is already made, and it's a good place and reason to move
go with it and make it what you want it
good luck
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Thank you for your replies, I think i have made my mind up. Brisbane is close to other big cities and if we don't settle there, then there are lots more choices of places to move and it's not so isolated.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

we were going to migrate to Brisbane until we went there in May, thought the city was really dirty and the people really unfriendly. So we have decided that we would prefer to go to either the Sunshine Coast or Central Coast, we thought Bundaberg was really nice - the people were so friendly and it was a lovely town. However the area on a whole is lovely so many places to go and see - The barrier reef being the best in my opinion! Also great theme parks nearby
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Where abouts in Brisbane did you go? Sister-in-law lives in Redland bay, they love it, but you saying that it was dirty and the people unfriendly has really put me off. Perth was the total opposite, spotlessley clean, that was one of the things i liked about it, no rubbish about, really clean and the people were so friendly and would do anything to help you. Sister-in-law had never been to oz before she moved there so she has only England to compare it to. Tell me more about your trip.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

We were in the city to meet our migration lawyer and while there we checked out the city beach as it seems to be one of the highlights to brisbane and city life........we were going to stay in and around brisbane for several days to check out houses etc but soon decided against it.......found the beach to be quite grotty and not what we expected........also the people were not very friendly and didn't seem to want to know........everywhere else we were ,on the east coast - from sydney to bundaberg - were great and really friendly......we really liked mooloolaba on the sunshine coast - about 1-2 hours away from brisbane - really nice town and very friendly , welcoming people.........in fact that whole area - maroochydore / caloundra etc - is very nice, however we really felt at home in and around bundaberg and everyone we met was fantastic so we are looking in and around bundy for a nice plot of land to build......thats the dream anyway!!