Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where are the motels in Oz?

Where are the motels in Oz?

Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Servant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant future
Default Where are the motels in Oz?

Hi,

The whole family spent four lovely weeks in NZ staying at motels. I was able to look for a unit with the required no. of bedrooms and book everything online using the AA, Jasons and the motels' own websites.

But can I do this with Australia? We want to spend three weeks over Easter here but can get lists of hotels/motels etc. but not much in the way of detail. Is the motel system different here, websites uncommon, or am I (as usual) missing something?

Can someone put me out of my misery?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:57 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where are the motels in Oz?

Originally posted by Servant24kids
Hi,

The whole family spent four lovely weeks in NZ staying at motels. I was able to look for a unit with the required no. of bedrooms and book everything online using the AA, Jasons and the motels' own websites.

But can I do this with Australia? We want to spend three weeks over Easter here but can get lists of hotels/motels etc. but not much in the way of detail. Is the motel system different here, websites uncommon, or am I (as usual) missing something?

Can someone put me out of my misery?
have you tried OZ yellow pages

This search brought up Novotel's across the country, you could try other searches

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search...=true&x=36&y=6
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:08 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
try www.budgetmotelchain.com.au

Hope this helps

Arron
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:29 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Arron
Hi,
try www.budgetmotelchain.com.au

Hope this helps

Arron

Or this,

www.atn.com.au
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are the motels in Oz?

[

Can someone put me out of my misery? [/QUOTE]

the www.RAC.com.au doesn't look quite right? There's an A before or after the rac!
I used it to look at accommodation -
Then I went to the area I wanted to travel in ...ie Vistoria: mornington peninsular.. each area will give you lists of motels. I took my chances and found motels as I travelled in the end. Also found tourist information centres were very helpful. They will book for you too.

HTH
Helinuk
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:31 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.flagchoice.com.au/action/home
I remember staying in one once, so looked this up.
Have no other experience with them.

Have fun!