Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where are most of the mines in Queensland?

where are most of the mines in Queensland?

Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice
Default where are most of the mines in Queensland?

Hi there, were thinking of moving to Sunshine coast or Gold Coast or there abouts, can anyone tell me where most of the mine sites are? just to get a general idea as I know they may be dotted around, and are most of them fly in fly out?

Thanks all
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:10 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where are most of the mines in Queensland?

Originally Posted by macy1 View Post
Hi there, were thinking of moving to Sunshine coast or Gold Coast or there abouts, can anyone tell me where most of the mine sites are? just to get a general idea as I know they may be dotted around, and are most of them fly in fly out?

Thanks all
The North I think ...

(fat lot of good that post! ... )
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PaulandNic View Post
The North I think ...

(fat lot of good that post! ... )
ahh thanks Paul, might start in the Sunshine coast...bloody confusing seeing as never been how are you enjoying Gold coast?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:27 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Here's everything in the state.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
qld_mineral_mines.pdf (52.9 KB, 2220 views)
File Type: pdf
qld_mineral_projects.pdf (66.3 KB, 818 views)
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:29 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh thanks Paul, might start in the Sunshine coast...bloody confusing seeing as never been how are you enjoying Gold coast?
Had a short spell of not liking it, but to be honest didn't like anything then, but am back to loving it!

All good! ...

Originally Posted by Bix View Post
Here's everything in the state.....
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaulandNic View Post
Had a short spell of not liking it, but to be honest didn't like anything then, but am back to loving it!

All good! ...

ahh pleased to hear it Paul, and thanks bix for the info
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

Thanks all
I don't think many mines are FIFO in queensland. Maybe some in Weipa (Bauxite) or the Gulf Country (Century Zinc, gold and copper).

You could try FIFO at Mount Isa Mines but it is isolated, not cheap to get to Brisbane and hot if you like that kind of thing.

Queensland coal mines run by BMA tend to have housing close by e.g. Moranbah and Emerald so not FIFO. The coal mines are generally in a line running about 200km in from the coast stretching from Brisbane to Mackay.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bjddavies View Post
I don't think many mines are FIFO in queensland. Maybe some in Weipa (Bauxite) or the Gulf Country (Century Zinc, gold and copper).

You could try FIFO at Mount Isa Mines but it is isolated, not cheap to get to Brisbane and hot if you like that kind of thing.

Queensland coal mines run by BMA tend to have housing close by e.g. Moranbah and Emerald so not FIFO. The coal mines are generally in a line running about 200km in from the coast stretching from Brisbane to Mackay.
Ahh thanks for your help....i let hubby read this later
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:48 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby works out at the mines...he is based in Rockhampton and travels to......Middlemount, Moranbah, etc...we live in Yeppoon.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

When I was at Cairns airport recently I noticed that there were a few FIFO flights out of there. Cairns is also the FIFO base for flights to mines in Papua New Guinea. When you are doing FIFO it does not really matter where the mine is located.

Last edited by Amazulu; Mar 25th 2008 at 2:07 am.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
When I was at Cairns airport recently I noticed that there were a few FIFO flights out of there. Cairns is also the FIFO base for flights to mines in Papua New Guinea. When you are doing FIFO ti does not really matter where the mine is located.
It matters if you are planning to apply for Australian citizenship.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
It matters if you are planning to apply for Australian citizenship.
you can fly anywhere is aus though cant you? weve been here nearly 2 years so hoping to get that soon just done the test so thats a relief. just tell me so long as you dont fly out of aus its ok as im a bit worried now!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

you can fly anywhere is aus though cant you? weve been here nearly 2 years so hoping to get that soon just done the test so thats a relief. just tell me so long as you dont fly out of aus its ok as im a bit worried now!
Yes
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix View Post
Yes
phew thank you
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:54 am
Just Joined

claire doyle is an unknown quantity at this point

phew thank you

You can flyout of Australia and the time just gets taken out of the 2 years so say you went to the UK for a month you would have to be here 2 years and a month to get citizenship, i went overseas a few times and just had to add the time to the 2 years. Good luck with it.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.