Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where are the most bricklaying jobs?

Where are the most bricklaying jobs?

Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

cnpizzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where are the most bricklaying jobs?

Hi everyone,

My family and I are hoping to get a visa to move out to the Perth area in the next year or so, but I have recently read via posts on here that the work load has decreased for bricklayers in this area, is this true? We are now worried if we might be heading to the wrong area. Could you give us any advice on this or if there are other areas throughout Australia where the workload is currently higher for this type of work. My husband isn't just a brickie he does do all general building work so please be honest and give us some advice on this. Thank you
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:30 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where are the most bricklaying jobs?

Originally Posted by cnpizzo
Hi everyone,

My family and I are hoping to get a visa to move out to the Perth area in the next year or so, but I have recently read via posts on here that the work load has decreased for bricklayers in this area, is this true? We are now worried if we might be heading to the wrong area. Could you give us any advice on this or if there are other areas throughout Australia where the workload is currently higher for this type of work. My husband isn't just a brickie he does do all general building work so please be honest and give us some advice on this. Thank you
Sorry mate wouldnt have a clue... but as noone else is replying thought i'd stick in my 2 pence!! Have you checked out www.mycareer.com.au might be worth a look just to see if there are any jobs in the areas you are looking for... From my experience though with all trades recruitment its rather a who-knows-who business than a send your CV online market.
Hope the website is of some use, and somebody else can give you better info. Good Luck
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone,

Brisbane. The State governement is sh*****g so many bricks at the moment they need all the help they can get.

WW
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:45 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

He could squirt Vanilla Ice Cream out of his arse too, but Australia wont allow him to !!

Its a ONE TRADE policy here !

So if its bricklaying, then I cannot comment on WA, but here in QLD theres tons of bloody work !

Ste
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I would think there's plenty of bricklaying work here in WA.