Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is Milton in QLDS

Where is Milton in QLDS

Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:51 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Where is Milton in QLDS

Can someone tell me where Milton is in QLD. Their post code is 4064, but when I search the web, it only gives there address. I would like to know the proper location in Queensland.

There may be a job involved

Cheers
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:43 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is Milton in QLDS

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/living/suburbs/milton/home/

Milton is roughly 1.5km from Brisbane’s CBD. Nearly 50% of households in the area are couples without children, 28% are couples with children and 24% are group households. Just under 60% of the dwellings in this area are stand alone houses and roughly 30% are units. The houses are mainly traditional timber and tin, but there are some modern unit blocks and brick houses as well. The median house price in Milton for the 2004 calendar year was $450,000.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:29 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Can someone tell me where Milton is in QLD. Their post code is 4064, but when I search the web, it only gives there address. I would like to know the proper location in Queensland.

Cheers
Do you mean Milton as in the company or as in the place?

jackie x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by julie hilton

Cheers
Milton is the suburb just to the west of Brisbane CBD on the river.

If you're thinking of commuting from Gold Coast it will be a bit of a long commute. It's do-able but would be at least an hour by car up the Pacific Motorway each day.

Hope this helps.

Smiths
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Milton is very close to the city indeed. I work there. Its about a 15 min walk from the city. It is home to the XXXX factory and the Suncorp stadium which means parking restrictions often, and the sickly smell of beer brewing, especially on a Monday morning for some reason!!! There are quite a few office towers there on the river front part (overspill from the city with cheaper rents)
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:16 am
Just Joined

StueyF is an unknown quantity at this point

The train takes 2/4 minutes from brisbane central train stations. you cant really get much closer to the city
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:36 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Do you mean Milton as in the company or as in the place?

jackie x
There is a company call Fluor, which my old boss works for. He said they have an office in Milton and he may be able to get me a job there. But I need to do some researh of the area first. Hopefully there should be some nice places around there.

Cheers
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

StueyF is an unknown quantity at this point

I think working in milton isnt going to be too much different from working in the centre of brisbane. Public Transport here is good (although the locals complain) and so Milton shouldnt really restrict you.