Reload this Page >

Where to look for property

Where to look for property

Old May 5th 2004, 4:18 pm
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to look for property

Hi all,

I'm off to Sydney in late June early July for an Interview at a company in Waterloo. Fingers crossed the job will be mine and my visa will be approved b4 they need me to start.

can anyone tell me some good suburbs to look at if I'm working in the waterloo area, ideally I wouldn't want to live further than an 1 hour average commute away. I'm happy to go west rather than coastal and ideally I would want to rent in an area where I would eventually buy. I have 2 young children 4 and under 2 so it would need to be a fairly family place. I'm not particularly affluent so I would be looking for an area with reasonable property for around £150 -200K, this is of course if the pay would enable a mortgage for £100-150, which hopefully it will

I will only have 3 or 4 days to look have my interview then back to blightly.

All info gratefully received.

cheers

Julian
Old May 5th 2004, 8:05 pm
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point

Any sugestions?
Old May 5th 2004, 8:13 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Its only 6am in Sydney just now, you will prob get a reply later Julian
Old May 5th 2004, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

anzen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Waterloo is almost inner city so you would have to go out west (young man) to afford something reasonable.

There are a lot of suburbs in the west - and they tend to get cheaper the further you go. There is a reasonably good motorway (the M4) that will take you in that direction. I would suggest going past Parramatta and just driving around.

You should buy a UBD street map from any newsagency and look for the bigger towns on the map and go visiting. If you find an area that you like the look of, go to another newsagency and ask for a local newspaper that contains house ads. Almost every area of Sydney has a free paper that is delivered Tues and Thurs, with the Tues issue including the ads. (You would have to pay for the paper at a newsagency - or there are usually hundreds of them lying on the pavement outside apartment blocks).

I don't live in the west so apologies for not being able to recommend particular suburbs. The above may be starting point.