Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live in WA?

Where to live in WA?

Old Oct 20th 2004, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in WA?

Originally Posted by johnnie7au
We came out to WA in 88. Best thing we ever did. We live in the outer southern suburbs of Perth in the hills. About 35 mins drive to the beaches. 20 mins to a large shopping mall. Excellent schools! A healthy population of expats and even a British style county pub. Rail and buses are great. Got kangaroos and bushland pretty near to us. Heaven! City living country style. Good luck and don't hesite to e-mail me if you want more info.

Johnnie
Johnie where you live sounds exactly what we want.How close are you to the airport?
I think I may know where you are but if you do not want to tell everyone else I could pm you any more info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Dreamaway
Old Oct 20th 2004, 12:40 pm
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

I don't mind who knows ...

I live in the Armadale / Kelmscott / Roleystone / Gosnells area!

I love it! Short drive to the city, Freo or the beach. 30 - 40 mins maybe

Far enough from the city , but not too far!

Property is reasonably priced here.

Great area IMHO.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Johnie I will check out those areas on the internet and have a look.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

almor is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe he went to the same reform school as me - Immingham Comprehensive? Now, there's a scary school...

Almor

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
sorry to correct you, but hubs confused the issue as he is living with his parents in Grimsby now - long long story, but he lived in Immingham up til he was a semi adult. he joins me in a week!!

I'll send you a pm

Cheers Jill
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that advice. Bit worried that property prices are going to rise if you keep advertising these areas though so try and keep it quiet for now, or even better, you could start a new string and say how horrible it is... nuclear energy plant, strange smell of sewage, neighbours with 200 foot Leylandii - that sort of thing normally works.

By the way, what does IMHO mean?

Almor

Originally Posted by johnnie7au
I don't mind who knows ...

I live in the Armadale / Kelmscott / Roleystone / Gosnells area!

I love it! Short drive to the city, Freo or the beach. 30 - 40 mins maybe

Far enough from the city , but not too far!

Property is reasonably priced here.

Great area IMHO.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by almor

By the way, what does IMHO mean?

Almor

Butting in here Almor

In My Humble Opinion

Lindsey
Old Oct 20th 2004, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice
Smile Re: Where to live in WA?

Originally Posted by almor
Think Pam, my wife, thinks it a little insane too but there you go.. We can always leave the little angels by the roadside!

I noticed from the bits under your name that you lived in Grimsby. Having lived in Immingham (Grimsby but with oil refineries) I know why you went to Perth!

Almor

Hey Almor,

When did you leave Immingham? I have lived and worked here for the last 28 years - and in 255 days giving it all up for Perth !

Peter
Old Oct 21st 2004, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

I think it was in 1980 to 82. Just before my O levels started - although my parents came back later whilst I was at Uni. Quite a few people with wanderlust seem to be from Immingham. Can't figure out why that would be! Go Bananas' hubbie lived just around from my house. Maybe we should start an oil refinery appreciation society dedicated to drinking, sun worship and that sort of thing in Perth!

Send me a PM if you want to know a bit more!

Almor

Originally Posted by Paylia
Hey Almor,

When did you leave Immingham? I have lived and worked here for the last 28 years - and in 255 days giving it all up for Perth !

Peter