Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

?where to live SA. You advise

?where to live SA. You advise

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

w.hutson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ?where to live SA. You advise

I am looking for possible places to settle in SA. Not too bothered about being close to capital. Would like Small/Medium size place coastal would be good. Good schools for kids. Good general hospital for my work (reg nurse). To appeal to family with kids with things to do. Any ideas??
Warren.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:12 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ?where to live SA. You advise

Originally Posted by w.hutson
I am looking for possible places to settle in SA. Not too bothered about being close to capital. Would like Small/Medium size place coastal would be good. Good schools for kids. Good general hospital for my work (reg nurse). To appeal to family with kids with things to do. Any ideas??
Warren.
why SA? family ties?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:14 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by w.hutson
Warren.
Victor Harbor should be right up your street,,,,,has every thing you asked about...mm
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought Victor Harbour was for retiree's?OH and I were there last year and it was as dead as a doornail.(I have spent 30 years living in SA)To the original poster,I think any SA coastal town is going to be very very quiet,except during school holidays.Unless you specifically want a town,why not opt for a beach suburb?Fairly easy drive to Women and Childrens hospital,Royal Adelaide,Queen Vic ect for work.Kids would have more to do,city being close by.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:48 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I always thought Victor Harbour was for retiree's?OH and I were there last year and it was as dead as a doornail.(I have spent 30 years living in SA)To the original poster,I think any SA coastal town is going to be very very quiet,except during school holidays.Unless you specifically want a town,why not opt for a beach suburb?Fairly easy drive to Women and Childrens hospital,Royal Adelaide,Queen Vic ect for work.Kids would have more to do,city being close by.
The op was asking a general question , and i answered i dont, think he was worried about the excitement factor , i have lived in SA for 48 years and find Victor Harbor [correct spellling] a nice place to visit, but as you say it is generally known as " Gods Waiting Room" i,m quite sure the kids would find plenty to do in Victor.....Another boom area is the copper triangle , Walllaroo ,Kadina , moonta /port hughes, booming at the moment, new hotels and a greg Norman designed golf course being built..........mm
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
The op was asking a general question , and i answered i dont, think he was worried about the excitement factor , i have lived in SA for 48 years and find Victor Harbor [correct spellling] a nice place to visit, but as you say it is generally known as " Gods Waiting Room" i,m quite sure the kids would find plenty to do in Victor.....Another boom area is the copper triangle , Walllaroo ,Kadina , moonta /port hughes, booming at the moment, new hotels and a greg Norman designed golf course being built..........mm
My kids were born in Adelaide (burbs)but we soon moved "up country"and they were used to it being extremely quiet.However not sure how newbies would find it.My older sister used to live in Modbury North but around 5 years ago had a house built in Victor.I thought at the time"S*** you're not THAT old"Victor's a nice place,but for whatever reason I always feel slightly depressed whenever I've been there.(Maybe to do with Gods waiting room!)
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 2:23 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Take a look over at Poms in Adelaide - hub of info there as well!

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

My favourite places in SA are Glenelg, Brighton, Stirling & Harndorf