Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Queensland

Where to live in Queensland

Old Mar 30th 2018, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Queensland

The journey from Mooloolaba to Caboolture turn off on the motorway takes 30mins on a clear run, but bad if there is an accident. I don't know Caboolture but it does have a bit of a reputation. There are so many sporting facilities on the Sunshine Coast you will be spoilt for choice. Lots of commonwealth teams are here at the moment because so much is here. Plenty of water so I'm sure rowing is covered, definitely dragon boat racing at Kawana. There is a brand new hospital at Sippy Downs so loads of medical people have moved here. It's a lovely area, but like anywhere new it can take a while to settle, but there are loads of activities/clubs for you to join.

Not quite sure if you like rowing? Thought I had read that but can't find it now, but plenty of walking groups here.

Last edited by tomar; Mar 30th 2018 at 8:04 am.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 10:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomar
The journey from Mooloolaba to Caboolture turn off on the motorway takes 30mins on a clear run, but bad if there is an accident. I don't know Caboolture but it does have a bit of a reputation. There are so many sporting facilities on the Sunshine Coast you will be spoilt for choice. Lots of commonwealth teams are here at the moment because so much is here. Plenty of water so I'm sure rowing is covered, definitely dragon boat racing at Kawana. There is a brand new hospital at Sippy Downs so loads of medical people have moved here. It's a lovely area, but like anywhere new it can take a while to settle, but there are loads of activities/clubs for you to join.

Not quite sure if you like rowing? Thought I had read that but can't find it now, but plenty of walking groups here.
Originally Posted by Happybunny44
Otherwise, I’d like to live close to the beach. I love being outside and walking- my only friend will be my dog to start off with! I row too.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
' I would avoid Caboolture, Morayfield and Deception Bay. There are of course nice areas in each of those suburbs/areas but also quite a lot of low socio-economic areas and some of the associated issues that can go hand in hand.

!
got to be the nicest way of saying its full of chavs thieves and smack heads that i have ever seen or bogans in aus i believe.

made my day reading that!!
Old Mar 31st 2018, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Where to live in Queensland

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Old May 28th 2018, 2:25 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happybunny44
Hi! Thanks so much for the replies and the free sex change... I am female, or was last time I checked!
Sorry, I realise how unspecific in terms of location I’ve been. So, North area I’ve been offered Burpengary/ Caboolture.South I’ve been offered Oxenford, but I’m not as keen on the actual job there. Can I commute from SC to Burpengary? I don’t want to live where I work- not a great thing in my job, especially in small communities.
Otherwise, I’d like to live close to the beach. I love being outside and walking- my only friend will be my dog to start off with! I row too. I’m just very nervous about the move as it’s a 2 year contract and a big commitment to live somewhere I’m lonely. Saying that London is probably the loneliest place on Earth at times! I’d like to meet new friends and hopefully start a relationship too so want to live somewhere that could happen!

ahhh it's almost a done deal - choose the sunny coast and you can row with these folks About Us – Sunshine Coast Dragon Boat & Outrigger Canoe Club Inc. - I'll introduce you to one of the presidents
Old Jun 6th 2018, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Thermo690 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should consider Jimboomba; we love the place.