Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Queensland

Where to live in Queensland

Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Suem1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in Queensland

Going to move from Perth to Queensland on my own aged 48.want to be close to all aminties.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 9:49 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Queensland

Not enough data. Do you need a job? What do you consider to be "all amenities"? When you refer to 'Queensland', are you just thinking of the south-east (Gold Coast, Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast) or are you looking at places like Cairns, Toowoomba, Mt Isa, Townsville?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ok sorry.im in retail,near train,shops,etc.around robina area unless you can tell me somewhere else as don't know a lot of places.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 12:32 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Robina is a major shopping centre at the southern end of the Gold Coast, on the main train line to Brisbane (70 minute journey). Around there you can live at Burleigh, Varsity Lakes, or up to Broadbeach (all near the coast) or go inland to Mudgeeraba or Bonogin.

Or you could head further north towards Brisbane to Springwood area (Logan, Underwwod, Slacks Creek, Mt Gravatt), or further north to Chermside (Kedron, Wavell Heights, Aspley, Geebung), all of which are within 10km of the Brisbane CBD.

Last edited by KJCherokee; Aug 1st 2012 at 12:36 am.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 12:52 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I second most of the above but would avoid the area between Logan and Ipswich, but that's just my personal taste as I prefer to be closer to the sea.

If you're looking for a coastal area north of Brisbane try Redcliife up to Scarborough and Newport, and maybe inland a bit into Northern Lakes (which is supposed to be getting a Costco and an Ikea soon) There are some lovely views out over the ocean at Scarborough looking towards the islands but it's bit more built up than the southern beach areas.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
I second most of the above but would avoid the area between Logan and Ipswich, but that's just my personal taste as I prefer to be closer to the sea.

If you're looking for a coastal area north of Brisbane try Redcliife up to Scarborough and Newport, and maybe inland a bit into Northern Lakes (which is supposed to be getting a Costco and an Ikea soon) There are some lovely views out over the ocean at Scarborough looking towards the islands but it's bit more built up than the southern beach areas.
Costco and Ikea?!?! Really!!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So are you definitely going to be working in Robina?
Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Costco and Ikea?!?! Really!!

Main Costco development application with the council right now awaiting approval over the next few weeks. Costco petrol station aleady approved.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

No work just thought robina but I will look at other areas.thanks guys