Reload this Page >

where to live in Perth WA

where to live in Perth WA

Old Dec 31st 2005, 11:05 am
Just Joined

isthisliving?? is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to live in Perth WA

Hi

Just wanted to know why we should consider living in Perth and which areas are good for hunting homes and which are bad. Also would you suggest buying an existing house or a new one??

Not worried about commuting but wife will hopefully be working at a hospital.

Thanks
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:57 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to live in Perth WA

Originally Posted by isthisliving??
Hi

Just wanted to know why we should consider living in Perth and which areas are good for hunting homes and which are bad. Also would you suggest buying an existing house or a new one??

Thanks
Some burbs around Joondalup are 25% English (which makes settling easy) and Edith Cowan Uni has a health campus / hospital. 25 mins to the CBD on the train from Joondalup station. 5 mins drive to the beach. 5 mins to Joondalup "city" centre , Lakeside large shopping centre and the Arena.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:21 am
Just Joined

paul and jo is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just moved across and are looking at all the suburbs in our price range. The prices have a large variance from one suburb to another so if you give an indication on how much you are looking at spending and which type of lifestyle you like, near the beach etc.then I may be able to give you a few pointers.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Some burbs around Joondalup are 25% English (which makes settling easy) and Edith Cowan Uni has a health campus / hospital. 25 mins to the CBD on the train from Joondalup station. 5 mins drive to the beach. 5 mins to Joondalup "city" centre , Lakeside large shopping centre and the Arena.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
That's interesting I knew Joondalup (or Manchester upon Tyne as it's been called on this site) Had a percentage of poms but that's the first time I've seen a figure.

But then again I think most suburbs are about 5 to 10 percent expats.

Keel
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by keel
That's interesting I knew Joondalup (or Manchester upon Tyne as it's been called on this site) Had a percentage of poms but that's the first time I've seen a figure.

But then again I think most suburbs are about 5 to 10 percent expats.

Keel
Hi Keel,

Yes as Worzel points out the northern suburbs have an extremely high % of UK born expats. Think Iluka has the highest in the North and Rockingham has about 25% in the South.

Maida Vale is around 10-12% UK born and places like Kalamunda nearby are even higher. There is a good website called www.homepriceguide.com.au that has suburb breakdowns. Have a look at the suburb snapshot section if your interested in the demographics.

Van
Old Jan 1st 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: where to live in Perth WA

Originally Posted by isthisliving??
Hi

Thanks
Hi

We have been here 10yrs and in that time have lived 9yrs in Mindarie, which we like very much, its not far from Joondalup hospital. (If thats were you wife will end up working)
As for buying a house, we have built 3 in the time here and had no trouble but I think its personal choice, same with areas where you want to live.
I think its best to rent for a while so that you can make your own minds up.
HTH
Kim