Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Perth?

Where to live in Perth?

Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Where to live in Perth?

Hi

In the process of emigrating to Perth, where or where do we live?, looked at Secret Harbour, Hillarys, Rockingham the list is endless any advice????

Thanks

Nic
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Perth?

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi

In the process of emigrating to Perth, where or where do we live?, looked at Secret Harbour, Hillarys, Rockingham the list is endless any advice????

Thanks

Nic
how much do you want to spend, do you want to be close to beach, do you want to be semi rural, new house, old house. Perth is a city of over 1 million people spread over a huge distance.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:26 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I hear Connolly is nice.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:27 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
I hear Connolly is nice.
Connolly has the best folk living here, I hear Ocean Reef is full of bloody nutters

Come over for a coffee soon Ransi.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:35 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Connolly has the best folk living here, I hear Ocean Reef is full of bloody nutters

Come over for a coffee soon Ransi.
Send me your address and I'll do a drive by
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Send me your address and I'll do a drive by
have sent karma
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:41 pm
Cheeky member

have sent karma
I already knew it.....
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:42 pm
Gutter Gob!!

I already knew it.....
what my address, how come
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:45 pm
Cheeky member

what my address, how come
a, you have to be a sleuth

b, you have to be a nosey b'stard
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

a, you have to be a sleuth

b, you have to be a nosey b'stard
I am slightly intrigued/perplexed/disturbed as to how you know my address. Will put the chain on the door tonight you bloody loon
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:47 pm
Cheeky member

I am slightly intrigued/perplexed/disturbed as to how you know my address. Will put the chain on the door tonight you bloody loon
Plenty of loons about girl!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

There are so many suburbs... like another poster said, it all depends on how much you wanna spend!

We're looking at houses all over, but they're so bloody expensive!
In fact, we're going viewing a couple on Sunday!

What's your budget?

Mish x x x
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:15 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mish & al
There are so many suburbs... like another poster said, it all depends on how much you wanna spend!
... and whether you need to be near the sea cos you sail every weekend, whether you have kids (what age) so want good schools or if DINKY's - want to be near the action, whether you will work in the city, whether a short commute is important, whether you want to mix with Aussies or if you want to live in Little Britain. Give us a few clues.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Hi

Yeah sorry v vague. Kids 4 and 1 near schools, family orientated and beaches a must.

CHeers

Nicky
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:23 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi

Yeah sorry v vague. Kids 4 and 1 near schools, family orientated and beaches a must.

CHeers

Nicky
Don't know your budget, but presuming you are not rolling in money, I would go for:

Northern suburbs:
Duncraig (quite pricey)
Warwick
Quinns Rock/Mindarie (quite far north)
Greenwood
Hamersley (houses need renovation)
Doubleview

Hillarys is lovely, and there are some houses that are reasonable if you are prepared to spend some money on them.

If your budget is higher:
Gwelup/Karrinyup/Carine

Southern Suburbs:
Secret Harbor
Halls Head
Mandurah

I live north of river and love it but I am always impressed with mandurah when I go. I would buy as close to the cbd as you can afford - even if the block is not big and the house a bit run down.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.