Where to live North of Sydney?

Where to live North of Sydney?

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:05 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live North of Sydney?

Hi all,

My family and I are emigrating early next year but are travelling to Oz on the 4th November to validate our visas and to do a bit 'reckie'.

We are very interested in north sydney, central coast or areas commutable to the city, and wondered if anyone could give advice on good areas to check out whilst were there in November. We have too children aged 2 & 3 so don't really want to live right in the city.

I would be grateful if anyone could give us some guidance.

Many thanks

TOB
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:21 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live North of Sydney?

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi all,

My family and I are emigrating early next year but are travelling to Oz on the 4th November to validate our visas and to do a bit 'reckie'.

We are very interested in north sydney, central coast or areas commutable to the city, and wondered if anyone could give advice on good areas to check out whilst were there in November. We have too children aged 2 & 3 so don't really want to live right in the city.

Many thanks

TOB
try reading this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=kellyville
hope it helps
soapy
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

On our recci in June we stayed with rels up on the Central Coast. Easy train links to Sydney but beautiful area. We have our heart set on Umina Beach or Ettalong Beach. Woy Woy also good, slightly larger town. big bonus for me is that its right near Summer Bay off Home and Away. Also known as Palm Beach. Rental about $300 a week, house price around $380k-$400k but obviously depends on what you are looking from. We hope to have our visas and move March, April next year. Maybe see you there

Cheers Jo
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:27 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your reply. What's the commuting time from Umina/Ettalong/Woy Woy to Sydney? Not sure whether hubby will actually work in the city but just handy to know.

We got our visas in Jan this year and booked our flight to go permanently in November. However our house has only just sold and won't complete before November 4th so we have had to book a return flight. Still, looking forward to the holiday/recci although it's a very expensive holiday! We are now planning to go at the end of March beg of April as my sister is expecting a baby at the end of Feb so at least I will now get to see my niece/nephew!
You never know we may be on the same flight!!!

Good luck with your visa.

TOB

Originally Posted by joho
On our recci in June we stayed with rels up on the Central Coast. Easy train links to Sydney but beautiful area. We have our heart set on Umina Beach or Ettalong Beach. Woy Woy also good, slightly larger town. big bonus for me is that its right near Summer Bay off Home and Away. Also known as Palm Beach. Rental about $300 a week, house price around $380k-$400k but obviously depends on what you are looking from. We hope to have our visas and move March, April next year. Maybe see you there

Cheers Jo
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:39 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi all,

Many thanks

TOB
I would say that you need your head testing if you commute to the city by car from the central coast every day :scared: I drive from Coogee to the Western Suburbs (rooty hill) every day and that takes me at least an hour each way (some people tell me i must be mad!). I have a good friend who lived in Terrigal which is near to Gosford on the Central Coast. It used to travel on the train which took about 1hr 20m if i remember correctly. The North Shore might be better for you.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

a.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi all,

Many thanks

TOB
hi my friends moved over last year to central coast a place called BATEAU BAY its an upmarket kind of area lots of families good schools and lovely selection of beaches apparently . we are also hoping to go over soon to live and see this place as great place to try! good luck alan