Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live near Sydney

Where to live near Sydney

Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:04 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Where to live near Sydney

Hopefully, I'll be going over to Oz to work in Sydney in the near future - but where to live????

I'm married with 3 young kids. Ideally I'm looking for somewhere no more than about 90 minutes drive/train from Sydney CBD. The area should be safe, have lots of families already living there and good schools. Being close to the sea would be nice but not essential.

Thank You

Ned
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live near Sydney

Originally posted by NedKelly63
Hopefully, I'll be going over to Oz to work in Sydney in the near future - but where to live????

I'm married with 3 young kids. Ideally I'm looking for somewhere no more than about 90 minutes drive/train from Sydney CBD. The area should be safe, have lots of families already living there and good schools. Being close to the sea would be nice but not essential.

Thank You

Ned
i think Kellyville is for you then
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:09 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

And there was me thinking you were taking the p**s!

Cheers! Keep em comming!
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:14 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

And there was me thinking you were taking the p**s!

Cheers! Keep em comming!
we loved the look of the place, but couldnt be arsed driving to work every mornin'
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:18 pm
Now 15% less offensive

Looks pretty resonable price wise too! Is it on a rail line do you know?
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:29 pm
rudo1ph

Rail line!!! Huh!! Wishful thinking!!! There was supposed to be one built.........an election promise I believe......but it's been cancelled. There is a bus which goes along the M2 into the city though which is supposed to be quite good.....

However, this area is great. Kellyville is nice, but there is still a lot of building going on and it is growing VERY fast. If you don't mind the housing estate feel than it's fine. Next door to Kellyville is Glenhaven.......it has a much more villagey feel. Then a bit more rural still - just north is Dural. Again, a nice village, but much more spread out than Glenhaven.

Castle Hill is good too. Great facilities and shopping. BIG sports complex at the RSL with swimming and gymnastics for the children. There's a big theatre in Castle Hill too next to the Showground.

I LOVE living in this area.

Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:33 pm
Now 15% less offensive

Thanks mate - thats useful. I've been using Domain.com.au for profiling areas around Sydney. Is there anything better?
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:44 pm
rudo1ph

Thanks mate - thats useful. I've been using Domain.com.au for profiling areas around Sydney. Is there anything better?

MATE?? well ok, I guess they do call us Sheilas MATE in Oz........

BETTER???!!!! NO WAY!!

This area is the BEST of the BEST

Joking aside, we love living here. We have 3 small children, 2, 5, and 7. My older two are really happy in the local school and I know the parents of all the children they play with. I go to a playgroup with my younger daughter and we have been made very welcome. I don't feel like an outsider here at all. My older two go out on play dates regularly and are involved in several local clubs / activities. I'm sure someone else will have another suggestion for you, but like I said before - I love it around here......I can see the Blue mountains from my house and it just feels great!

Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:47 pm
Now 15% less offensive

Sorry!! I didn't look at your profile!

That sounds great. Thats something I'd really like to have in place (good social scene/friends etc) for my Wife and kids.

Can you tell me what kind of salary multiple the mortgages Co's generally work on?
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:48 pm
Now 15% less offensive

Oh - as as for better - I was refering to Domain.com.au - not where you live!
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:47 pm
rudo1ph

Sorry!! I didn't look at your profile!

That sounds great. Thats something I'd really like to have in place (good social scene/friends etc) for my Wife and kids.

Can you tell me what kind of salary multiple the mortgages Co's generally work on?

I don't think they work it like the UK exactly as multiples of your salary......it's more a case of what you can afford to pay back each month. Maybe someone else can explain this a bit better.......................

Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:48 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Oh - as as for better - I was refering to Domain.com.au - not where you live!
try this
http://www.justlisted.com.au/resident.asp
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:48 pm
2007 Emigrants

Mike & Zoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by soapy
try this
That URL crashes both Netscape and IE on my machine...

Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:55 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by Mike & Zoe
That URL crashes both Netscape and IE on my machine...

it works fine on mine, try a search for ............ just listed australia
Old Jul 5th 2004, 4:02 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally posted by soapy
try this
works ok for me as well what would cogee come under for location

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.