Reload this Page >

WHERE TO LIVE ON GOLD & SUNNY COASTS

WHERE TO LIVE ON GOLD & SUNNY COASTS

Old Sep 12th 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation WHERE TO LIVE ON GOLD & SUNNY COASTS

Hi all

Can any body tell me where is best NOT to live on the gold and sunshine coasts. We have several places in mind and several plases to explore when we get there in early 2005 and it would help if we can cross of our lists the not so good areas to live.

Also the constant conflicting info on house prices that's posted from time to time. It seems to be coming from other than the gold coast and sunshine coasts, I know that they have gone through the roof since mid to late 2002 , so can any one from these areas get in touch and give me some good ground roots info on the housing markets on the gold and sunny coasts with relation to typical prices for different house types and just how much they have gone up and if they have gone down a little in the past few months.

Look forward to some good sound advice (if pos)

Signman Glen
Old Sep 12th 2004, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: WHERE TO LIVE ON GOLD & SUNNY COASTS

Try looking at properties on ljhooker.com. You will get a rough idea how much houses are. The further inland you go the more you get for your money.

As to where you want to settle well there are some threads already on this site about where to go and not to go and some healthy arguments. It's a personal choice. I like Redcliffe but a lot of people don't. You will have to have a look around when you get out there.

Good luck!
Old Sep 12th 2004, 9:56 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
Also the constant conflicting info on house prices that's posted from time to time. It seems to be coming from other than the gold coast and sunshine coasts, I know that they have gone through the roof since mid to late 2002 , so can any one from these areas get in touch and give me some good ground roots info on the housing markets on the gold and sunny coasts with relation to typical prices for different house types and just how much they have gone up and if they have gone down a little in the past few months.
According to a report in Yesterdays Sunday Mail, Gold Coast prices have dropped by 5.3% in the last quarter, but the average growth has been 27.7% in the last 12 months.
However, different suburb price changes vary, eg:
Bundall reports a 36.1% increase in the last quarter - up 11.7% for the year
Biggera Waters a 16.1% increase - up 27.4% for the year
Broadbeach Waters a 8.9% drop - up 28.2% for the year
Runaway Bay a 46.4% drop - up 13% for the year

Heading up to the Sunshine Coast:
Noosa Heads reports a 26.1% increase in last quarter - up 26.3% for the year
Noosaville reports a 23.4% drop in the same period - up 28.8% for the year

Hope that doesn't confuse even more

This link: QLD Real Estate should help with current prices for any suburb that you are looking at.

Old Sep 13th 2004, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I think the best thing for you to do is log on to www.realestate.com.au you vcan choose suburbs etc and look up all the current house prices around.
We live on the Sunny Coast and I can't think of any 'bad' areas, though some places like Nambour are a bit further inland and not to everyones liking.

Around here ( Caloundra) prices don't appear to be dropping, rather the estate agents are having to be more realistic and not inflate the asking price so much!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I read the same article that ABCDiamond did. In general, things are slowing down. However, as the figures show quite clearly, property prices have rocketed in the last 12 months.

We are renting up in Scarborough on the Redcliffe Peninsula on the canals (fantastic view from the garden) - it is costing us $400 a week but we couldn't afford to buy the house because it is worth $800,000.

Away from the canals you can pick up something really nice between $340,000 and $400,000.

At the end of the day, it depends where you are looking. On the Gold Coast anything near sniffing distance of water add a bucket load (the same applies to areas like Mooloolaba on the Sunny coast)