Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Brisbane?

Where to live in Brisbane?

Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:10 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Where to live in Brisbane?

We have just got a book we ordered from the web called "where to live guides" topic= "greater Brisbane". A really good read for everyone that doesnt know what all the suburbs are like to live in and transport etc. Published in 2005 so every thing seems up to date. They also do where to live guides for other areas like the Gold coast etc. Well worth a read on a rainy day in the uk waiting for your house to sell!! Pete

Last edited by pete jackson; Sep 29th 2006 at 6:11 am. Reason: spelling!!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where to live in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by pete jackson
We have just got a book we ordered from the web called "where to live guides" topic= "greater Brisbane". A really good read for everyone that doesnt know what all the suburbs are like to live in and transport etc. Published in 2005 so every thing seems up to date. They also do where to live guides for other areas like the Gold coast etc. Well worth a read on a rainy day in the uk waiting for your house to sell!! Pete
hi pete

where can we get the book from?

steve
Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:48 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by birchway
hi pete

where can we get the book from?

steve
Think we ordered it from "amazon" on the web, was hard to find think we just put in a search for "where to live guides". You can proberly order it from some where like waterstones if you pop in and ask them. Think it was about £10-£15. Pete
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi Pete,
Dont forget to let us know where you decide to go then.
Happy reading.
Sam x.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

We have the same book, its really handy as a reference when not on the pc
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:51 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Angry Re: Where to live in Brisbane?

I ordered this book from amazon in May and I'm still waiting for it!
Clairex
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Clairex
I bought it here and it came in a few days:

Where to Live Guides - Greater Brisbane
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Will this allow us to research areas to open businesses, with info like population, demographics etc
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Clairex
Think I got mine from the publishers, paid over the phone it it came in a couple of days
Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:47 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Where to live in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by tonik25
I bought it here and it came in a few days:

Where to Live Guides - Greater Brisbane
Thanks for the link, just ordered it, will come in handy for reccie in 10 days.
Thank you. Now to cancel that amazon order!
Clairex
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Clairex
ordered mine in June from Amazon and still waiting too............can I borrow yours when you get it ?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by martynm
ordered mine in June from Amazon and still waiting too............can I borrow yours when you get it ?
I am happy for anyone to borrow my copy so long as I get it back before we fly on 12th November, just pm me and let me know.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:25 pm
brown eyes!

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Will this allow us to research areas to open businesses, with info like population, demographics etc
Yes abit, it tell what areas are commercial and rersidental and what sort of people live in the areas, familys, single parents etc. Also gives you house prices so you can sort of tell what the people earn that live in them areas.Also tells you what facilitys are in the areas, eg shopping, offices etc so it may help a little. Pete
Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:10 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

£15 delivered from waterstones. Says normally dispatch within 1 week

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...do?sku=3525837
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:29 pm
Hibees Hibees

gary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nice

Thanks for the link, just ordered it, will come in handy for reccie in 10 days.
Thank you. Now to cancel that amazon order!
Clairex
Hi sorry to jump in,where are you headed on your reccie?We leave for our wee reccie on the 4th October to Townsville then driving down to Brisbane ,will have to get book this weekend.

gaz