Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Aussie????

Where to live in Aussie????

Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live in Aussie????

10-25 degrees celsius is fine with me. that is neither too cold nor too hot.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jpen29
which Australian cities should I avoid then if i dont like hot weathers/climates?
What is your point Have you done any research about Australia yet?
Would be a good thing to google the climate
We got 20-25 degrees celsius in Perth at the moment, and it is winter time.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The only place you're going to find the type of temperatures you want is in Tasmania. Really, if you hate the heat and want a temperate climate you should take a look at New Zealand.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

For weather we looked at the averages for each place -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/weathe.../new_search.pl

type in Australia and then you'll be able to pick the major cities and it'll show you the monthly average etc.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

innojuk is an unknown quantity at this point

This has to be a wind up!!!!

If not then you need to do some serious research and get a grip on yourself
Old Jun 14th 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by innojuk
This has to be a wind up!!!!

If not then you need to do some serious research and get a grip on yourself
Inquiring/interviewing is part of research, isnt it?

You see, I was just asking your personal opinions/inputs here in order for me to "somehow" validate or confirm what i've "extensively" researched on the internet. For instance, I checked this month's weather forecast for Adelaide and it ranges from 7-19 C, but this figure sorta contradicts "claims" of most people that Adelaide is too hot and very humid a city. In addition, this "somehow" contradicts Dorothy's claim that it is "only Tasmania with this kind of weather (10-25C). So whos telling the truth then??? Which is which???? I would say ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Sometimes its better to rely on actual/personal experiences as well to get a complete picture of the facts. After all that is what "research" (or due diligence) PER SE is all about. Verify when in doubt to get the facts straight.

Innojuk, you'd better start your own "extensive research" of what researching is all about.

The End.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:12 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

You see, I was just asking your personal opinions/inputs here in order for me to "somehow" validate or confirm what i've "extensively" researched on the internet. For instance, I checked this month's weather forecast for Adelaide and it ranges from 7-19 C, but this figure sorta contradicts "claims" of most people that Adelaide is too hot and very humid a city. In addition, this "somehow" contradicts Dorothy's claim that it is "only Tasmania with this kind of weather (10-25C). So whos telling the truth then??? Which is which???? I would say ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Sometimes its better to rely on actual/personal experiences as well to get a complete picture of the facts. After all that is what "research" (or due diligence) PER SE is all about. Verify when in doubt to get the facts straight.

Innojuk, you'd better start your own "extensive research" of what researching is all about.

The End.
Adelaide broke the record last summer as Australias hottest capital city...humidity is zero here during summer, we have dry dessert heat, especially when a north wind is blowing.

Sydney, Brisbane ,Darwin have humid summers, .
Hobart Tasmania, has a mild summer 28 c being a Hot day.........mm
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say look at work choices, which part of aus offers you and your oh the most work , your oh may land in a job he hates and be unable to change due to lack of choice, so i would make this my priority.

Secondly i would consider schooling, can you afford private education, if not , i would investigate the best state schools in aus.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

As a comparison 20 celsius UK feels like 25 celsius in Oz because of the high
humidity (Scotland) also coastal areas in any city will be cooler in summer
and warmer in winter than the stated average.
approx. 5 degrees cooler in summer (day)
5 degrees warmer winter at night
Old Jun 14th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

As a comparison 20 celsius UK feels like 25 celsius in Oz because of the high
humidity (Scotland) also coastal areas in any city will be cooler in summer
and warmer in winter than the stated average.
approx. 5 degrees cooler in summer (day)
5 degrees warmer winter at night
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

The End.
7-19°C in Adelaide is because its winter time in Australia! But once the winter is over it will get hot, very hot. .

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The End.
When I lived in Adelaide the summers were HOT. The daily average during December, January and Feb was about 37C. While it does cool down at night it's not by much. We were over in January visiting friends and it was up in the high 30's low 40's for the entire 10 days.

As someone else said, it's winter here in Australia, so it's much cooler. Today in Perth it's currently 23 and it feels cool. We've been out for lunch today and I wore jeans and a cable knit jumper over a t-shirt.

If you want 20-25 degree days in summer you will not find them on the mainland of Australia. You will either have to go to Tasmania or New Zealand.