Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Adelaide

Where to live in Adelaide

Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice
Default Where to live in Adelaide

Hi this is my first tread myself and family are moving to south australia
next year and we would like to know where are the good areas and where
are the not so good.Any info much appreciated.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where to live in Adelaide

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Hi this is my first tread myself and family are moving to south australia
next year and we would like to know where are the good areas and where
are the not so good.Any info much appreciated.
Hi,
this question has been asked lots of times and has had many good replies recently. Do a search for 'Adelaide' and you will get loads of returns.
Johnnyyt
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Monty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to all
Red face Re: Where to live in Adelaide

Hi,

It depends on what you want really. There are loads of great places here, and there are also some places that are not too great. We asked the chap from SA Government when we were going for the STNA visa and his advice at that time was if you looked at Adelaide as a clock then select 12 o'clock round to 7 o'clock. Having said that Adelaide Port area is about to get some major development and will be a desirable area in years to come, but right now...... you would need some rose coloured glasses to get the full effect, but that is my opinion, please don't anyone be offended it's not meant to offend.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:44 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Hi,
this question has been asked lots of times and has had many good replies recently. Do a search for 'Adelaide' and you will get loads of returns.
Johnnyyt
Agreed!!

Does always amaze me people asking about areas on forums, as you will always get different answers from different people!! I live in the North East of Adelaide but people from down South would say it is awful and visa versa, but in hindsight both areas are fine, it depends what you are looking for!!

The only way to find out what areas are right for "YOU" is by taking a look in the flesh!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Agreed!!

Does always amaze me people asking about areas on forums, as you will always get different answers from different people!! I live in the North East of Adelaide but people from down South would say it is awful and visa versa, but in hindsight both areas are fine, it depends what you are looking for!!

The only way to find out what areas are right for "YOU" is by taking a look in the flesh!!
Got to admit though I will still avidly read any replies to threads like these

Perhaps someone who is there and knows the general are could start a poll thread listing the popular areas for those that already are living in Adelaide could rate.

Johnnyyt
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Got to admit though I will still avidly read any replies to threads like these

Perhaps someone who is there and knows the general are could start a poll thread listing the popular areas for those that already are living in Adelaide could rate.

Johnnyyt

If you look on Adelaide Brits there is a Suburb list there (you need to register to see it though). It's written by people that live in that area, so it could be a little biased but you'll get an idea of what's what.

I personally don't think there is anywhere really 'bad' here. But I guess it really depends on where you have come from. If you come from a grotty council estate in the UK - anythings an improvement If you come from a really posh village then it may narrow it down a little.

I love all of it, every area has it's good and bad points. It just depends on how many of the boxes a certain area ticks for you personally.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Thanks lads we come from the countryside i think it will be a massive
lifestyle change for us.I plan to either start my own business or buy an existing one i am a butcher by trade hoping to get sponsorship from state.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:38 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

It's always a tough question.

It will depend upon work to a certain extent.
Saying that some guests of ours love the south but are working in the north.They like the idea of "getting away from work"

It really is best to narrow down to a few suburbs and then look when you are here.

It's a lot different when you actually get here!!

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:51 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

start a poll thread listing the popular areas for those that already are living in Adelaide could rate.
That would start World War 3!!

Adelaide Brits as Wendy says has a suburb section, and like others say it is all really relevant to work, if you are a butcher I would pretty much think that you could therefore go anywhere in Adelaide!