Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

bloodfoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Where to live?

Cant decide between Perth or Adelaide.
Any feedback on either would be brill.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:04 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live?

What are you looking for ? Do you mind the heat, work, house prices....
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

bloodfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Heat O.K. I work in retail (David Jones looks like a nice place to work) my OH is a print finisher, no kids but 2 cats so looking for somewhere not full of flats.
Would like a nice 2 bed or more house of avarage price - max $350,000.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If you're only looking to spend $350k then you're looking at Adelaide. You would be lucky to find a 2 bed apartment in Perth for $350k.

I've lived in both, and my personal opinion is that Perth is a cleaner, nicer looking city. Adelaide always had a "grey", industrial feel about it to me; even though it's not at all industrial or grey. It just always felt a little like that. Perth is a very pretty city with really fantastic beaches. But again, it's only my opinion.

This question has been asked many many times. Try a search to see what comes up.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:01 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know anything about either, but from what I've seen on this board you'd have a tough time finding a decent house in Perth for that price.

Have you researched housing prices on the web?
http://www.realestate.com.au/

Would you want to be right in Perth, or would you be ok an hour outside of it?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Even an hour outside Perth you would be hard pressed to find a nice place for that money. We're about 45 minutes north and our suburb averages well over 400k
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Even an hour outside Perth you would be hard pressed to find a nice place for that money. We're about 45 minutes north and our suburb averages well over 400k
You could build in Perth for that money!!! A nice brand new place!!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:40 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
You could build in Perth for that money!!! A nice brand new place!!
Like ours!